Does anybody have inside knowledge of convention deals ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucks_Boy

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
More specifically, on stainless extractors of around 8/9 frame motorised.

I have decided to treat myself as I shall be harvesting solo this year and it would be nice to multi-task extracting and decapping.

Taking Petrol and Convention entry into consideration, that would be 10% of current catalogue prices so I am in two minds whether to go if the "deals" are less than that ( while it would be a nice day out, I dont NEED to go and I dont really have the time )

Or else does anyone have any good hints for something a bit cheaper than th****s et al ?

Been mentioned quite a few times before, so apologies if you've seen already, but the Giordan extractors, sold by Agri Nova, are a very good deal. They sell 8 framne stainless with a drill attachment or a full motor if cash no object.

Email from TH****S today with details of their offers for pre-order. Do look to be a few bargains for frames and other 'small' stuff.
(I am not connected in any way).

Thanks for the tip on Giordian -- will take a look

Re second hand, yes my s/s 9 frame manual will be moving on once I have the new electric one.

I know I could have had it converted but I wanted legs and although it hasnt had much use ( sat in a retired beekeepers garage unused for 10 years ) I wanted one with a clear lid as well.

It's my partners fault, she used to uncap and i would extract -- after a case of "its me or the bees" I'll be harvesting on my own this year.

I'll post up a "for sale" at the appropriate time.

Latest posts

Back