Does anybody still have Queen's for sale??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garethbryson

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
My queen went missing in action sometime round the 12th july, the bee's had not swarmed but i had a nice sealed QC on the bottom of a frame and 2 un sealed QS's on the face of one of the frames. I destroyed the two on the frame and left the one good looking one. It has hatched around the 22'nd July. There was still no sigh of eggs or Larva last thursday 12th August. The bee's are very quiet and still bringing in lots of pollen and nectar (Hymilayn Balsam). I will be doing another inspection today and if i still dont see any eggs i will presume that the hive is Q-. I am also conscearned that if she is there that she might not have mated properly and turn out to be a drone layer. So i was wondering if anybody still might have a mated queen that i could have.

Gareth.......

You cannot presume they are Q- and also be concerned that a queen is present!

Choose one or the other!

And while you are at it, choose the queen present option until proven otherwise. Much better than wasting good mated queens....

Regards, RAB

OK, Inspection done, Small area's of eggs. . Maybe 3 eggs per cell in some but alot with only one. i've seen that described on here as a new queen just getting the hang of things, and not laying workers. Now i just hope that when i look again i dont have a mass of drone brood.

I will be doing another inspection today and if i still dont see any eggs i will presume that the hive is Q-. I am also conscearned that if she is there that she might not have mated properly and turn out to be a drone layer. So i was wondering if anybody still might have a mated queen that i could have.

You'll give yourself a coronary.

Latest posts

Back