Disguise a Hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been working on a Bee Hut for one of my sites, it's has a 120x60 cm 'foot print', sides made from sterling board and a congregated plastic roof at a cost of about £60. The back folds shut so it can be padlocked. Nail a bit of trellis to it and have some climbing plants and it should blend in very quickly.

Looks a bit cramped with two hives in it so may only go for one, or over winter six 5 frame nucs, with added shelve.

Mike.

Last edited:
I've been working on a Bee Hut for one of my sites, it's has a 120x60 cm 'foot print', sides made from sterling board and a congregated plastic roof at a cost of about £60. The back folds shut so it can be padlocked. Nail a bit of trellis to it and have some climbing plants and it should blend in very quickly.

Looks a bit cramped with two hives in it so may only go for one, or over winter six 5 frame nucs, with added shelve.

Mike.

good idea mike, i like the plans

Nice drawing Mike. As you say a bit cramped with two, but that's because of elbows and the sides. If each of the two hives came backwards for inspections then it might be easier?

You have a flap above the doors, if you had a lower flap inside the doors, then it could fold out to provide and extended floor for a couple of wheels/rollers to run on. :)

What is the drawing package you use?

I like that Taff that is almost genius

Hey Mike it may look small but perhaps not that small

Tom, we are all inspired by our childhood!

Taff, I like it. No need for a flap if you put down 4 60x60 cm slabs. There are "Draw Hives" which might work as well.

My concern is that there is only 20 cm (at best) between the hives, are they not a bit close to each other?

Mike.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back