Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Newbeeneil 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
40 plus 19 that I maintain for clients.
I will have to ask Ian if they do screens for the konigin to take 14x12. For the moment that's the only thing that has stopped me doing demaree on these hives.
I have screens for my Konigin 12 frame radial to do 3 14x12 tangentially.

mdotb 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I will have to ask Ian if they do screens for the konigin to take 14x12. For the moment that's the only thing that has stopped me doing demaree on these hives.
Yes if you have one of the 600mm diameter drum models (starting with the 12 frame radial already mentioned). I have been told that 14x12 won't fit screens on the 500mm diameter models.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I don’t know. What would you do? I have a dedicated chest freezer so I have room for a few. Pollen goes mouldy over time. Stores are ok capped and put somewhere moth proof. Spray with Dipel?

Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
I don’t know. What would you do? I have a dedicated chest freezer so I have room for a few. Pollen goes mouldy over time. Stores are ok capped and put somewhere moth proof. Spray with Dipel?
Same here I have a 3/4 chest freezer with super frame stores and brood but I have 4 pollen frames which I have no room for.