Dave Cushman

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do so like the revised heading to the forum - in memoriam - thank you Admin from one of the many beneficiaries of Dave's website which contains treasure still to be plumbed further. What a man!

Sad news.
I've spent hours upon hours scouring his website for different information.

Darren.

Never met Dave Cushman, but found his website and knowledge of beekeeping outstanding, RIP Mr Cushman

i meet him a few times at the spring shows many years ago. and spent several good times chatting over tea and bickies in the teas areas. it was his suggestion from an email i had from him, about keeping the whole of the bee shed videos on you tube in full, rather than tasters and then trying to sell them on flea bay as so many others do, the ideas i had and sounded out with him made a massive difference to the way i work and deal with my bees.

top bloke that will be missed

I talked with him at Stoneleigh and he was shall we say " a little disappointed" that BIBBA had not managed to get with it and created a forum.

When I talked about communications he was with me totally.

RIP

Romanian beekeeper will miss Dave Cushman.
RIP

Copied from the Irish list
"For those planning to come to Dave's funeral on Monday, please note that the family have requested that no black should be worn.

Best wishes

Peter Edwards"

The funeral is at Loughborough crematorium at 1530 hrs on Mon 7th March, no black to be worn.

John

PH has been kind enough to not only go on his own behalf but also to represent the forum.

Thank you PH :cheers2:

Mark.

I will be conspicuous, in the kilt if I still fit...

LOL I have the dentist first...

PH

Dave's funeral took place this afternoon at Loughborough Crematorium at 3-30pm.

There was a turn out of some 50 attendees.

The ceremony was non religious, and was taken by a gentleman who had also officiated at the service for Dave's wife.

One simple floral arrangement of a bee decorated the coffin.

After an introduction Roger Patterson talked for some time about the Bee aspect of Dave's life and his achievement in creating such a wonderful resource that his web site is, especially when dealing with a difficult illness as well.

Shortly after we left to "The flight of the bumble bee" although Dave was left behind as there had been a most inopportune power cut.

A most powerful service for Dave, and I must add that the range of Dave's interests were covered in some depth as well as his beekeeping. A very impressive list of achievements in fact.

RIP.

PH

Thanks for that PH, I'm glad there was a good turnout. He will be sorely missed but hopefully his web site will keep his memory alive for a long time. RIP Dave.

Latest posts

Back