D- Go to the bottom of the class. Rubbish beekeeper alert.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susbees, I'm with you. :) But I suppose that others don't have our experience, confidence, gung-ho-ness or whatever. Or maybe it's a hunter/gatherer thing.
...(Beats on increasingly grey-haired chest and retreats coughing)...

NO, it's a nutter thing!:hurray:

P.s A cazza is 173cms

Cazza

Just inspected my colonies after several days rain. One lot has gone - a 2011 Carniolan and brood box only two thirds drawn.

They are very gentle but far too swarmy - I've destroyed all queen cells and will be uniting with a Buckfast nuc next week.

UPDATE

Swarm1 left after 1 week. I know not where but NOT down my chi:hurray:mney.

Swarm2 waited ( now known as the "swarm of Damocles") until yesterday (15 days) to hive itself in the bait hive underneath it. I watched it visibly reduce in size over the weeks, now it's half the size it was.

Moved it to the apiary this morning and will combine it in a few days as it's unwanted and not really worth the effort.

Cazza

UPDATE ....it's unwanted and not really worth the effort.
Cazza

Now if I had known that I would have suggested that you used a jet of water to dislodge your swarm from that hawthorn tree. :reddevil:

P.S. Can you see if they abandoned brood to take your bait?

Last edited:
can I make a suggestion for very tall tree removals.
funnel on the end of 40mm push together waste pipe plus bee vacuum, with dustbin size reciever.
8m should be doable from the ground if you have two helpers and guy ropes attached to the funnel end. you could have the water spray operated from the ground.

Last edited:
Back