Crystallized honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dto001

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi All,
This question has probably been asked before but anyway.
My last 2 crops of honey set in the jars within a week or so. Now my neighbor who lives about 200 m down the road has runny honey in his jars (I know it depends on the flower type etc) I’m just wondering am I jarring it wrong or not filtering it enough? I usually put it through a medium filter.
Cheers

His bees are foraging elsewhere that’s all.
It’s often a good idea to leave your honey in a bucket for a while to see if it sets quickly. If it does you can soft set it
I’ve had honey taken off the same time from different colonies behave differently

Or he might be heating his honey to hell, to keep it runny, when if left to itself it might well set like yours. My spring honey crop is usually rape honey, which sets quickly. My summer honey can be a mix of set/runny. As above, I leave mine in buckets ( with lids) for a few weeks, to determine how I will treat it eventually.

Many people prefer set honey. I have been lucky this year set spring honey and runny summer honey!
E

Latest posts

Back