Creaming Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of sounding totally boring and returning to the original theme, has anyone else tried setting seeded honey in the fridge.
I think I read somewhere that it wouldn't work, but I tried an experiment and the stuff I put in the fridge set much quicker and better than the ones in a cupboard.
Has anyone else tried this?

Last edited:
tried setting seeded honey in the fridge.
I think I read somewhere that it wouldn't work,

I mentioned, at the beginning of the thread, there was an optimum temperature. It is not fridge temperatures, so, no, not a good idea.

Earlier this year, I made some soft set honey using an Automatic creamer http://shop.carl-fritz.de/product_info.php?products_id=263
The machine performed extremely well, starting the mix with 30lb runny + 3lb of saved softset from a previous batch. After jarring, I put the jars in a fridge for 6-10 hours to 'finish' the set.

I did this as the temperature was borderline for making softset and I have found you have to judge when to jar. Too early and it does not come out so well and too late and it will take you a week to jar.

I am extremely pleased with my last batch, came out just right.

Latest posts

Back