Covid-19

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey prices might go up

Sales have doubled here, had to go around all my retailers to top up before leaving for the tradex.
Apparently someone started a rumour that Brynmair's best was good for fending off Covid :D

My nephew, checks passengers coming into the UK at Heathrow for signs of high temperatures. Worth quite a bit of money doing it.

Err.. some of patients over here had no temp at all and are still infected and virulent. I think that long ago shown unreliable.. Not to mention that at some incubation last more than 14 days previously mentioned..
For me by my layman thinking best will be stay put or at least avoid public transport with air condition ( airplanes, buses, trains)..
At the moment we have 32 registered infected and none with life threatening condition so far.

My daughter teaches at a small drama school in Berlin
Most of the pupils have now sequentially come down with respiratory symptoms.
Like the UK the Germans aren’t testing everybody so it’s impossible to tell but she expects it might all have been Covid.

I presume according to my health condition that I would overcome corona virus easily. But when is mentioned the rest of 10-15% with serious problems and rest 5% might die.. I am not willing to see anyone around me die or suffer due to my arrogance and narcissism.. No empathy in the world anymore..

Bill Gates ran a simulation of a coronavirus pandemic a while ago - he based it's origin in China and predicted something like 25 million worldwide deaths. That's a lot of co2 no longer being exhaled or other gases emitted (!) and should help save the planet
Wuhan possesses a biological warfare facility apparently. Some say this bug didn't come from bats or pigs....

Bill Gates ran a simulation of a coronavirus pandemic a while ago - he based it's origin in China and predicted something like 25 million worldwide deaths. That's a lot of co2 no longer being exhaled or other gases emitted (!) and should help save the planet
Wuhan possesses a biological warfare facility apparently. Some say this bug didn't come from bats or pigs....

That's better figures than Spanish Flu if it occurred today, which in todays figures would be 230 million.

Went to Beetradex.. Numbers down on last year..

I follow Sky news for local area tracking.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...cases-are-in-your-area-updated-daily-11956258

Based on the above London should be locked down now as it is the most heavily infected both in numbers of people and % of the population...

but trading just as brisk according to traders - Maisies exchanged about the same amount of wax as last year, we sold out of Borage seed on the Bees Abroad stand same as most years apart from two years ago in the snow. so I think in general, people didn't hang around, just popped in, did their business, collected their preorders and buggered orf.
I know that Old Castle farm had a massive sale early on - they sold the fully auntomatic uncapping and exraction line they've just had built and brought to the show (a snip at 21K)
I think one of the reasons we weren't seeing the usual frantic crush as the Maisemores and Big T's show price flatpacks is that probably the majority have satiated their urge for retail rucking by panic buying sh!t tickets and hand sanitisers over the last few weeks :D

Last edited:
Looks like 15 day lock down nationwide being announced tonight between 5 and 6pm and armed forces to be mobilised.

That'll keep the mods here busy for a fortnight then!:serenade:

So, the government have a plan to put 20 000 troops on the streets?

Bet you won't see them parked in the prioritised parking, sneaking in quick panic buying at the supermarkets during their time on duty! :bump:

That'll keep the mods here busy for a fortnight then!:serenade:

So, the government have a plan to put 20 000 troops on the streets?

Bet you won't see them parked in the prioritised parking, sneaking in quick panic buying at the supermarkets during their time on duty! :bump:

Give it a break....so you are hard done by by your local police......we get the picture......now you just bore me!
E

Origins, and paths to the existing situation. It's quite possible for BOTH to be true!

Given your location, do you work at a similar local facility??

Perhaps very close to a very secure airfield???:svengo:

Just don't catch it outside London:

"Health care in the UK is run independently in each of the four nations. Even in England, the service Mr Stevens’ presides over, the NHS, is not really one entity run and controlled from the centre. In reality it's a federation of sometimes competing services.

The analysis below showing huge regional variation in the NHS’s ability to respond to the Covid-19 outbreak is partly explained by this and partly by the nature of the virus itself.

The modelling has been done by Edge Health, a leading provider of data analysis to many of the country’s 206 hospital trusts. It was the same company that calculated a 7.5 times shortage in critical care beds last week, prompting the health secretary to charge industry with urgently making more ventilators.!"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...ferences-intensive-care-bed-numbers-threaten/

Latest posts

Back