Countryfile

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahey

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15 national hives some 14x12 and 2 nucs
Any comments re the Countryfile piece last night.

Last edited:
Where to start. I'd agree with their practices wholeheartedly if it weren't for disease control.

You can keep yourself fit, eat right, exercise, live happily, but it won't stop you getting flu. And neither will it stop them getting and spreading foul brood

Any comments re the Countryfile piece last night.

Quaint but impractical !
Some of the designs were bizarre !
I suspect some of them being far too small to contain a decent sized colony !
We won't discuss the crystals :icon_204-2:
VM

Quaint but impractical !
Some of the designs were bizarre !
I suspect some of them being far too small to contain a decent sized colony !
We won't discuss the crystals :icon_204-2:
VM

Wonder if it is possible to get a crystal that vibrates at the same bee attracting frequency as the ley lines?

150Hz ?.... must do some research... unless any Natural beeminders out there can help?

Wonder if it is possible to get a crystal that vibrates at the same bee attracting frequency as the ley lines?

150Hz ?.... must do some research... unless any Natural beeminders out there can help?

Planet earth has evolved, so trees, animals, plants, fish, birds and insects has evolved with it and so too, Honeybees, evolving with the planet. Which is why Honeybees not only need a high vibration of 250hertz to sustain their microenvironment but actively look for it by swarming.

How could man know this? You cannot see, feel, touch or sense it.

Planet earth vibrates constantly at 7.83hertz (NASA) unless disturbed.

Honeybees vibrate at between 190htz and 250htz (Woods)

Honeybees are placed by man in a beehive where man wants it, if this is on 7.83htz the bees have to work 31.9 times greater just to stand still. I have reason to believe this weakens their immune system and defence mechanism becoming an easy target for any alien predators like Varroa. Now, not being able to cope, over-stressed, disorder with eventual collapse, dying or disappearance is inevitable.

Does planet earth vibrate at this higher level of 250htz?

Yes, transmitted upwards through underground rivers.
These rivers are everywhere around the planet, like i.e.; blood vessels in our own body. Remember it has taken 4 billion years to get to where we are today. Everything has evolved together to be where it is and why it is there for a reason. The climate, planet earth and logic has dictated that.

Where does the higher earth vibration come from and how?

Planet earths normal vibration of 7.83htz gets interrupted by hollow chambers of running water/fluid creating friction allowing oscillation to resonate to become an Electromagnetic Wave Vibration which will increase it up to and above 250htz. Sound familiar? The rivers/lines of fluid are normally very close to each other varying in depth and only being up to 4 feet wide, like a cobweb, zig zagging their way across the planet at depths of 200 feet or 300 feet creating vibration and rising upwards to the surface and skywards, creating an electromagnetic curtain that reaches to approximately 30,000 feet. (Birds use this curtain to migrate thousands of miles).

Post by Hivemaker 2011
answering my own question... it would need to be a very big crystal!

My main issues are two of.

One. No PPE. Bloody iresponsible and duly paid for. Now if she had gone into shock and died......

Two. Sweeping statement. "The bees are sick" OH?

My bees certainly are not, and apart from varroa, have, if any, the self same diseases as over 100 years ago.

Complete rubbish pushed as a factual story. And worse I helped pay for it!

PH

I'm with PH on this one. I watched it tonight on I-player and was frankly shocked. Some of the sweeping statements had my jaw on the floor. And where was the balance we have come to expect from the Beeb, or should it be Banal, Baseless, Crass. I'd fit irresponsible and reckless if it would go. I hope a flurry of letters are on their way to the editor, mine is in the post telling them I am angry and let down about a flippant vacuous story on what should be a serious subject.
:hairpull:

I'm amazed the "interview" got past the risk assessment stage - where was the elf and safty person? ;)

Jc

But the reputation of floaty, lispy, crystal lady might have been.

Funniest thing I've seen in ages. Next week I hear some creationists are going to explain varroa destructor.

Media coverage

Having perused some of the posts published here in response to the recent countryfile feature on the sun hive, I am astonished at the tone and language used. The item appears to have attracted a different class of contributor as many of the contributions on other threads are informative, intelligent and interesting.

Of all the wild insinuations and foul-mouthed comments I have found on the "media coverage" thread only very few contributors display the attitude of reason, humanness and tact that one would ideally hope to find in people privileged with caring for bees. They will know who they are.

For beekeepers of this nature it is vital, I would imagine, that they pursue their craft armed to the teeth, as no sensible bees would allow near them anyone exuding so much bile and mean-spiritedness towards their fellow human beings.

As for your (and I am addressing the contributors referred to above) fears that the bee colonies maintained by natural beekeepers might lead to the demise of all other colonies because they are not treated in the counter-intuitive ways some of you appear to favour, I commend to you this research: Host adaptations reduce the reproductive success of Varroa
destructor in two distinct European honey bee populations, Barbara Locke, Yves Le Conte, Didier Crauser2 & Ingemar Fries.

Should you be interested to look into viable non-treatment options we would of course happy to help you with further advice.

Regarding the BBC I would inform you that they have received a wealth of positive feedback from members of the general public as well as beekeepers, besides some hate mail from certain beekeepers who, they imagine, felt stung. Media interest in sustainable beekeeping is buoyant, I assure you, and you will do well to inquire deeply into the species specific needs of the honeybee if you wish to be beekeepers in the future. Vitriolic comments will cut no ice but merely confirm what some suspect: beekeepers starting to feel guilty about some of the practices they visit upon these noble creatures on whom we all depends.

I will now address some of the issues raised in your post:

The fresh comb shown in the programme relates to a swarm that was housed in a sun hive, of which I identified queen failure within a few weeks; the bees were combined with another hive. Thanks to the sophisticated and conscientious observation and inspection techniques employed by natural beekeepers this was identified before the colony started dwindling.

The crystals seen around one of the hives are no more than a convenient way of blocking the inevitable gaps created by nadiring a skep with a box. They have no mystical significance, but appear in this instance to have served the purpose of eliciting all sorts of prejudice and associations with hippies and new age, whatever such notions may mean. I advise you to free yourselves of such associations – you will feel better for it .

My relationship my bee inspector is one of mutual respect, possibly much helped by the low incidence of varroa in my “alternative” hives and the caring attitude he finds in the natural beekeeping community.

As for my beekeeping attire, I find that my bees generally respond well to an attitude of kindness and respect. Of course it would have been far better, for the purpose of my bees surrounded by microphones, cameras and people, to have worn a veil. However, Julia conducted herself impeccably and assures me that her love for bees remains undented. I doubt that she would have much respect for the attitudes some of you have manifested. These are worse PR for beekeeping than a bee sting.

I will conclude by wishing you all the best in your endeavours with bees, may they thrive and winter well, and may you succeed in becoming more fully human in the way you deal with each other as well as other beekeepers whose views differ from your own.

With best wishes

Heidi Herrmann
Natural Beekeeping Trust

Last edited:
well said and i agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back