Stock-karte.de Inspection cards

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
This popped up on my Instagram, an inspection record that goes on the hive rather than a piece of paper under the roof or a phone app. I like the simplicity but can see some flaws. No capacity to record brood quantity or disease concerns, lack of Varroa treatment record, honey harvested, dates of queen cells. Nice idea though.IMG_9371.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9371.jpg
    IMG_9371.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 0
This popped up on my Instagram, an inspection record that goes on the hive rather than a piece of paper under the roof or a phone app. I like the simplicity but can see some flaws. No capacity to record brood quantity or disease concerns, lack of Varroa treatment record, honey harvested, dates of queen cells. Nice idea though.View attachment 39168
That does have honey harvested (vertical strip on the right). Main issue is it only tells you what you found on the last inspection, it doesn't preserve a record for the entirety of the season.

I doubt I would get to fit pins in all the boxes as I note that I will be 98 when the latest yellow queen would be recorded. By then I wouldn't remember where I had left the pins, I wouldn't be able to see where to stick them, I likely wouldn't be able to lift a frame never mind a super or brood box and where I am likely to end up the hives would need to be made of asbestos and as soon as the hive was opened the wax would melt. On the plus side I won't need a smoker. Still, it's nice to dream...............

That does have honey harvested (vertical strip on the right). Main issue is it only tells you what you found on the last inspection, it doesn't preserve a record for the entirety of the season.
Take a quick photo with phone for a historical record.

I use WhatsApp for my records for each appiary. Each inspection is dated. Photos with narrative such as hive can be added and it is immediately shared with Swmbo. Works well for apiaries with a <10 hives for each.

pocket notebook, pencil, quick jotting down of the essentials and any relevant observations after I close up, inspection records for each colony then updated when I get home
Pretty much the same as you emyr I also have huge maps up on the wall which I pin apiary sites on with notes.
A certain amount of photo evidence has also been stored.

pocket notebook, pencil, quick jotting down of the essentials and any relevant observations after I close up, inspection records for each colony then updated when I get home
Totally agree - I won't be adopting it. A significant element in records is weather which gives the context [colony temperament especially]. The cumulative picture given by a spreadsheet, including comparison with previous years needs to be easy to analyse.

Latest posts

Back