Continue or quit?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That depends,my wife found 3 of her best tea towels in the back of the car last week in the bee bucket !!
Cost me a new pair of shoes..

Women are funny like that, i remember my wife getting pi**ed off when she caught me cleaning the grooves on my golf clubs with her electric toothbrush :toetap05: I just put my headphones on untill her lips stop moving so i know she`s stopped moaning.:rolleyes:

Women are funny like that, i remember my wife getting pi**ed off when she caught me cleaning the grooves on my golf clubs with her electric toothbrush :toetap05: I just put my headphones on untill her lips stop moving so i know she`s stopped moaning.:rolleyes:

LOL :biggrinjester:

Just be careful, if she's anything like me, then you might not want to use your toothbrush, time to get a new one. BTW is your toilet bowl looking especially clean? ;)

BTW is your toilet bowl looking especially clean?

It is now it`s had a good wipe round with her flannel :smilielol5:

Thanks MM!

He is coming on Wednesday at about 2.30, dressed for attack! I can relax until then, really nice replies and didn't make me feel like I was 'fussing or having a panic about nothing'!

They always like to come out and help new beekeepers, teaching is within their remit so ask lots of questions. In the medium term, you may need someone to come and be your buddy (if the mentor bit isn't working out). Can you ask for a note to be added to your newsletter, or to the next beginners course - on the lines of.... novice beekeeper would like bee buddy to assist in hive management / manipulations. Honey divided 50/50!

Or suchlike. Being housebound does send you crazy and I think if you can get over the initial troubles, it could be an ideal hobby. It fluctuates in the amount of labour required at any particular moment (e.g. it's quite in the winter), over time, you can develop secondary hobbies, e.g. candle making or showing wax/honey at shows, or microscopy of the bees or honey pollen etc. So plenty of indoor and outdoor tasks associated with it.

Even a note explaining your plight (you could slant it to the need for having a mentor that can attend - so as not to imply the incompetence of your current one) into the club newsletter.

I hope that helps,

Adam

Thanks Adam,
It may be a great idea - I'll have to see if I can find out who handles the newsletter. My assoc. seem to treat info. as state secrets!!

Latest posts

Back