Common courtesy please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say Drew & Kevi, as this is a thread started about courtesey, you are showing none yourselves to anyone because this was done to death yesterday, considering that other people were actually on your side, me included, I think you are showing great disrespect by going on about it again. Time to let it drop.....not having a go, just how I see it.

Can't argue there, good thread, but yesterday the point was raised, discussed and put to bed mainly, that was productive. To now continue is going to be counter productive. Sometimes less is more.

Actually Dave I agree with you - but I didn't think I was going on about it today...

Hang on lets have a look...
My posts today:
Oh!! Deeply ashamed that you thought my Laaaandun accent was "Ali G".....

Da West Staines Massiv - I aaaarsk ya? West 'kin Staines dat aint evin Laaandun!!
Naaaah Maaate I waas tawkin reewl Laaandun - East 'aaam or Baarkin' - awwright I naa Baarkin' aint Laaandun bu' it oooowt ta be!

Naaa dat one ain't going on...........

Hey!!! You didn't bad rep me on another (Non-Bee) Forum for using that quote the other day did you??
No I don't think that one is either...........

I agree - (good natured) spats are part of what makes a good forum....
I have enjoyed many a flame war on many fora... and no doubt will be involved in some more.

I don't agree with newbies being "picked on" - although I think its fair enough to point them to the search facility.
If the accepted culture is to "take the piss" then you've got to be able to "take it" as well as "dish it out"....

Often these things sort them selves out.........

OK "hands up" I can see how that could be thought so - Sorry about that - but it wasn't intended in that way....

Still one sentence in 3 posts hardly "going on" - still as I said yesterday you (and anyone) is entitled to your opinion and I certainly don't plan to "go on" about anything anymore......

No mate, you are quite correct, but I just knew you'd go to great lengths to prove it. (Lol) all the best. Dave.

Anyone want to talk about Beekeeping ?

Yes please, why are you letting MuswellMetro stay on this forum when learned Springwatch viewers have obviously caught him out keeping wasps and pretending they are bees? I bet he still milks them come August and pretends it's honey.
:biggrinjester:

this forum was set up in reponse to what we call the Darkside forum run by A BIG BRTISH BEE ASSOCIATION . Your coments on their darkside forum would not have been answered so helpfully and by posting this thread on the darkside forum ,you would have been banned
( because you challenged their authority)

:iagree:
Having had a tongue lashing on this forum but also with helpful replies to my questions and not getting a reply on the British Bighead Bee forum I know which I find most helpful!

I also sympathise with the well seasoned beeks on this forum who must have heard the same old questions so many times but still find the time to respond, I for one say a big thank you.
Cheers

:iagree:
Having had a tongue lashing on this forum but also with helpful replies to my questions and not getting a reply on the British Bighead Bee forum I know which I find most helpful!

I also sympathise with the well seasoned beeks on this forum who must have heard the same old questions so many times but still find the time to respond, I for one say a big thank you.
Cheers

always nice to see a happy Stiffy. I am pleased you are pleased !

S

Excuse me Mr Somerford are you being smutty??

Well done that man.... although you missed a good "tongue lashing" reference.....

What a wicked sense of humour, I am usually very careful how I phrase things........... brilliant! :reddevil::reddevil:

Stiffy,
You have posted 7 times on the BBKA forum. Each post was answered well by other contributors so I don't understand where you are coming from?

+++++++

Posters on here sometimes post on the BBKA forum and then don't slag off this one on there. This forum was not the subject of trolling and suchlike a year or two back which appeared to be designed to wreck that forum. Those people know who they are and know what their reasons were. Some of the moderation was a bit heavy-handed at the time but then so was some of what was going on in the forum. I think the last banning was one member who has now been banned by this forum too.That's all past history.

If you have nothing better to do than slag people off, then you need to get a life. This forum is supposed to be a beeKEEPING forum!

Last edited:
Stiffy,
You have posted 7 times on the BBKA forum. Each post was answered well by other contributors so I don't understand where you are coming from?

+++++++

Posters on here sometimes post on the BBKA forum and then don't slag off this one on there. This forum was not the subject of trolling and suchlike a year or two back which appeared to be designed to wreck that forum. Those people know who they are and know what their reasons were. Some of the moderation was a bit heavy-handed at the time but then so was some of what was going on in the forum. I think the last banning was one member who has now been banned by this forum too.That's all past history.

If you have nothing better to do than slag people off, then you need to get a life. This forum is supposed to be a beeKEEPING forum!

1, 2, 3,4,5,6, and do not get cross :Angel_anim:
Yep, you are very correct but what about questions that dont appear, or pass through the censor ?
I am not about to check but don’t think I have posted on the other side for a considerable time. I am very sure that there are some very nice and helpfull people but my comment is how I felt on the other forum and the way I have seen people (mostly new beeks treated).........hang on why am I justifying myself, if you don’t like my responses don’t read them!
9, 10, 11, 12,13,14,15 :willy_nilly: Oh bum, let myself down again

Stiffy,
If you haven't posted for some time and haven't been on the site then you are writing from a historical perspective so your comments are therefore not valid.

You HAVE had replies from all your (historical) posts as far as I can see on the other forum.
NO ONE has been rude to you on that forum.
You HAVE stated that you have been tongue lashed on this forum. (Ooh err missus). Yet you complain about the other one!

Doesn't make sense to me! :)

Do I start counting now?

Stiffy,
If you haven't posted for some time and haven't been on the site then you are writing from a historical perspective so your comments are therefore not valid.

You HAVE had replies from all your (historical) posts as far as I can see on the other forum.
NO ONE has been rude to you on that forum.
You HAVE stated that you have been tongue lashed on this forum. (Ooh err missus). Yet you complain about the other one!

Doesn't make sense to me! :)

Do I start counting now?

I have no complaints about the other forum and wish it every success and yes the replies I received where all very pleasant. My comment reflected how I perceived the forum as an elitist organisation that cannot be bothered with new beeks and their silly questions, hence the ‘big head’.
It appears to be quite the opposite of this forum where even the daftest questions and debates can get aired…even this one.
Please don’t start counting it’s just not worth it!
:cheers2:

PS Admin how do the stats for this site compare with t’other side as advertised in BBBKA news?

So after 8 pages have we now determined that the answer to the request for common courtesy is, in fact, No? :D

:iamwithstupid:

Its a simple choice we all have! Log on or not to log on. No one forces you here.

Of all the hobbies I have (and that is many weird and wonderful ones and some quite extreme in many ways!) and the associated forums I am on, beekeeping is the worst of the lot for putting of new members. And having daft spats like this thread 80 replys and over 2000 views.

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

Latest posts

Back