Common courtesy please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't know about you but I had to buy in three bags of popcorn and two bottles of red before sitting down last night to wade through it!

It's been more gripping than going to the cinema......

:iamwithstupid:

Of all the hobbies I have (and that is many weird and wonderful ones and some quite extreme in many ways!) and the associated forums I am on, beekeeping is the worst of the lot for putting of new members.

:iagree:

And we will show no interest in the poster's extremities. Never, never, noooo....

:grouphug:

Well I don't know about you but I had to buy in three bags of popcorn and two bottles of red before sitting down last night to wade through it!

It's been more gripping than going to the cinema......

Stuff going for a night out with you then Cris!! :D

:cheers2:

as a complete aside to the current thread, the colony i collected from you has settled in beautifully and is currently sitting there with two supers on!

many thanks!

Alan

So after 8 pages have we now determined that the answer to the request for common courtesy is, in fact, No? :D

I think its more likely to be yes, but expect to get an ear bashing at times if you step out of line or upset someone, just like real life.

I for one welcome the honesty, open views as well as the pratical advice this forum offers and would hope that no one goes away with any bad feeling?
Can we talk about bee-smillie 's now and put away the :cheers2: and :lurk5:?

Stuff going for a night out with you then Cris!! :D

:cheers2:

as a complete aside to the current thread, the colony i collected from you has settled in beautifully and is currently sitting there with two supers on!

many thanks!

Alan

Awww....another happy customer :sifone:

:boxing_smiley:As a newbie to this forum - which I find very helpful and supportive in the main -I am surprised at the tone of some of the responses to newbie questions by "more established" beekeepers. I'm glad to know I am not the only one on this forum who has raised objections to discourteous and unsupportive replies. I cannot speak for the other newbies but I accept when it comes to beekeeping I am dumb - I don't need other forum users to tell me that or imply it in their response. What may be a stupid question to one is not necessarily a stupid question to others. iF YOU CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO GIVE A COURTEOUS REPLY, DON'T BOTHER TO REPLY AT ALL - KEEP YOUR EGO FOR THE MIRROR!

:hurray:

oh this has been fab to read, you are all so normal, I know this is the right place for me.
this went all over the place from courteous to bad tempered, sensible to silly and way way off the mark to spot on.
keep going and don't stop talking.

I dont think you should worry to much about the way certain answers come across on the forum it is hard sometimes to condense what may be a 10 min conversation into four lines of a thread and one word can change it from a laugh to grumpy.
We dont have the advantage of looking at the person that we are communicating with and in that one to one conversation you can be damned right abusive but with a glint in the eye and a bit of a smile all is well without that body language the forum at times can seem cold.
Without the main contributers on the forum it will not be the same place they talk not from books but years of experience and as with all things with life experience is king.
This said the forum is at its best when it does kick off.

Latest posts

Back