• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

colonies for sale Durham / Northumberland / Gateshead border

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm moving in June and unfortunately won't be able to take my bees with me, so selling.
The colonies were assessed by the regional bee inspector in September and given a clean bill of health, they have been treated with Apistan in the autumn, all came through the winter and are building up strongly.
All but one have 2018 queens
I've been assessing the 6 colonies and have a range, from a smaller colony that should build up to one that is already on a brood and a half with a full super of stores, all are expanding fast.
All but one have marked, 2018 queens (the other has a 2017 queen) and are calm, productive, dark bees - I've worked with these and their ancestors for the past 20 odd years and enjoy working with them.
I've moved them onto fresh or drawn foundation as part of my spring clean and at least 2 are ready now, with a full brood and super, ideal for a expansion or a honey crop this year, the others within the next few weeks

good afternoon on river sorry to hear that you have to relinquish your bees must be a bit of a bind i can imagine. i have lost both of my over wintering hives and now have two empty nationals ready to populate. i live in the Trossachs and am willing to travel to pick p any nucs are you in a position to part with a couple of nucs?? Sean

Latest posts

Back