Collins beekeepers bible

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kronkie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi

I have just had a e mail from a friend saying this book is on offer at amazon.

Has anyone got it and if so is it worth £10.?

In my opinion, a beautifully detailed and very useful book, not only for the technical aspects but also the associated history and 'bee-trivia', which makes for a good read. I haven't delved too far in to assess the technicalities yet (notwithstanding my limited experience) but on the face of it, a wealth of information and I am certainly glad that I bought a copy - a tenner seems to be very good value (and is what I paid too).

"Contents include: History of honey and beekeeping, Building a beehive & staying safe, Caring for your bees - pests & diseases, Growing flowers for bees, Collecting your honey, Household uses for honey and beeswax, Homeopathic, medicinal and cosmetic uses for honey and pollen, Home crafts, Recipes for home-made food and drinks featuring honey" (Amazon on-line summary).

Last edited:
Yes,
I brought this book on the offer, its really good, got some fantastic pics too, well worth the £10!

Thanks each

I am just going on to amazon now to order it.

I concur, Santa (The wife) bought me this for Christmas, its very good, great photography, history and background to beekeeping.
A big book and well worth £10, I would be happy to pay double that!

Misprint

I've also bought this book and found it very informative. However my book has been misprinted, Page 215 is a repeat of page 214! I've only got half the "Using Swarming To Increase Your Colonies" chapter.
I presume all the books are the same and they are having to reprint hence the great price.

glad to hear it is a good book, Santa brought it for me to along with one or two others.

I've also bought this book and found it very informative. However my book has been misprinted, Page 215 is a repeat of page 214! I've only got half the "Using Swarming To Increase Your Colonies" chapter.
I presume all the books are the same and they are having to reprint hence the great price.

Yes, I found that! Got at is a Christmas prezzie, IMO, definately worth a tenner...

Ben P

Ordered for a tenner, seems silly not to.

Really, I'm just going to look at mine.................................
No mine's OK but I paid £17.49 for it in June :(

Well worth the £10 I paid but a mistake on page 219 wrongly labeled feeders could be a problem for a beginner who doesn't no the difference
Regards Andrew

Mine is ok page 215-wise but was the expensive version. New edition being publish in April so hence possible reason for sale.

AWW i just checked my copy that i bought a few months ago and not at a tenner either and i have the same misprint.
i feel slightly STUNG.
still when i get around to it i am sure it will be a good read.

Not proof read very well and not by a beekeeper me thinks
Regards Andrew

Yep - same misprint and just a few poorly-hypenated words (see what I did there :)). Oh well, still readable at £10! I'll be a bit miffed if any good reprint comes in at the same price. :( With such foresight, a potential purchaser might well be tempted to contact the publisher/ supplier to see what's going on
:beatdeadhorse5:

or not.

:iagree: Fab book full of info that I haven't found in other books - plus what to do with 'waste' and extras.

Latest posts

Back