Collins beekeepers bible

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be the VAT increase

Doubtful on that score, unless you are being ripped off. Books are VAT-free.

RAB

Ah yes, but the postage isn't, perhaps they hiked that at the same time as the VAT change?

Is this the one? It says it is £10.50 reduced from £30!

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Beekeepers-Bible-honey-recipes/dp/0007279892/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294836951&sr=8-4[/ame]

Yes that's the one, I paid ten pounds for mine too, but I can't find any page print problems in mine. I must have gotten lucky for once.....

Brian

psafloyd has just asked me why i suggested the book i did.

i find that the set of books is one of the best and most detailed set of books you can get hold of at the moment, i have noticed that there are some new ones coming on the market this year and last which i have ordered from the library so i can see what they are like.

the bates books do cover every single bee subject reasonable well and some parts are in very great detail so you can flicj through to learn so much and as and when you want you can go into greater detail,

i would just say that these books are due to be re done as they are now showing there age in some areas but still worth the money.

they are also part of the training system that the bbka run for the beek qualification section and there fore are again a good idea.

Thanks, Pete. I also got the same book as you at Christmas and have dipped into it a couple of times so far.

Interesting thread. So both of those books are a good read but is there any particular book those more experienced would recommend for using as a reference for the Basic Exam?

I have probably opened a whole can of bee's but maybe the same name will crop up a few times :)

The Yates do some "Study Notes" for the basic exam as well, which I have, and which I think are very thorough (though I haven't studied for the exam yet!)

is there any particular book those more experienced would recommend for using as a reference for the Basic Exam?

I've got some study notes for the basic exam, I'll p.m. admin to see about getting them on the forum.
or, pm me email address, I'll send them

yates were the writers for the bee exams and the course work is the book series.

i found that at £25 per book there were very exspensive to buy so i got the library to get them in on the inter library lend system first to see if they were worth the money which they are, but being tight i brought one per month untill i had the four books.

i must say though that they are showing there age and should be completely revamped asap.

but the information in them is perfect for beeks to use as you only have to use so much of the book at a time and as and when you are ready you go back to the chapters you skimmed over and reread them properly and completly, even now after all these years there is allways some thing inside them that i learn from

I have not read this full thread but after reading the first few posts decided to buy the book too.
This got me thinking.....................
I bet if the people on this forum chose a chapter subject that interested them, even though you would have lots of different views and methods you could put all your experience together into a fantastic book!
How about it?
something for the winter months
Huh Huh?

xxxxx
I would buy it

Clare

the next time i am forced to have time off work or unemployment i will try to do tha same as last year and go through a set of threads to condense them, i did the hive painting last year and it took about three days to sift through all the messages and then to add what i know and have on the computer and the google certain items to get the facts/details correct.

so dont hold your breath for the forum book just yet!

something for the winter months
In a few weeks time you will be preparing for spring, so not this year perhaps?

Received mine today and I'm pleased with it, despite the couple of printing errors. Good value.

Thanks for posting Kronkie.

Latest posts

Back