clearing bees from the supers.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren64

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A friend has got 4 supers of capped honey on his hive,he wants to extract honey from 3 of them,should he clear them 1 at a time or put the clearer board at the bottom of the 3?

May be pushing it for three. I generally do mine one at a time (especially if I'm not replacing it) to allow the bees to adjust to the loss of space.

I was in his position last year and again this year. I overwintered them on brood and a half and squeezing them into that space was very tight, I don't think I could have done it in one move.

I was in his position last year and again this year. I overwintered them on brood and a half and squeezing them into that space was very tight, I don't think I could have done it in one move.

They will clear from three supers, or more, overnight with a rapid clearer board,and even faster with a blower.

Hivemaker, I am very interested, what do you mean by a blower?

That system looks deadly, not much use in the middle of a field with no power though. doesnt it hurt the girls?

Latest posts

Back