Cheap Photography Software

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found that Wikipedia is a good starting point to look for the genuine source for downloading software. Using the word "download" in a google or yahoo search box can lead you to some very risky sites.

Regards,

John.

I've made a recent "find" in free software which I can highly recommend - http://rawtherapee.com/ - it's available for Windoze, Mac and Linux, and is simply amazing for processing "raw" files.
The interface is a touch unpolished, but it works extremely well - I recently shot a wedding using a Nikon and fill-flash - thanks to highly reflective white dresses, I got the classic "burn out" on several shots on the jpg versions, so just used Raw Therapee set on "defaults" (use it's browser, and click to add the raw files to the queue), press the button, and leave it to grind away - the result was beautifully optimised shots with all the details returned to the highlights....not worthy

davidsmith78
First post and its about some software comes across as a bit SPAM

Nothing free on that site, try http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...tched-nikon-what-raw-processing-software.html
lots of free programs and tips.
If I want to do quick graphics I use paint.net as it's so easy to use and lots of plugins and tutorials, it was designed for windows but they never used it.
Gimp is another free one that is as close as you will get to Photoshop but if you are really into photography you won't bet Photoshop CS5 or what ever number it is now it is expensive unless you know someone in a school/collage and get a students copy or there is torrent

davidsmith78
First post and its about some software comes across as a bit SPAM

First and still ONLY post reinforces that opinion.

CS2 is still available as a free download from Adobe ...

An old thread bumped with spam ... for digital photo management and almost all editing I'd recommend Adobe Lightroom over Photoshop every time. Non-destructive editing and about one fifth of the (frankly unaffordable) cost of the current CS6 licence. Since v3 Lightroom has been a mature and stable product. If you can get an older version it's likely to do most of what you need and you can always get Adobes RAW converter to handle more recent file formats - import, convert to DNG then open in Lightroom.

The non-destructive editing is key - no need to manage and label different versions of the same original image.

But the Gimp is still £100 less and does most things ;)

Latest posts

Back