Charity Marketing Presentation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaturra

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello

Been asked to do a 10 minute marketing presentation and don't really know where to start. Hopefully some of you guys can give me some ideas.

The title of the presentaion is

“Targeting communications to encourage individuals to act.”

It is for a charity that provides businesses, householders and organisations with independent, free and impartial advice on the sustainable use of energy.

Been scratching my head trying to get started but seem to be going round and round in circles.

Cheers

Forget computer "aids", get enthused, make a list of headings, and "wing it" - an enthusiast in full flow is always attention grabbing and interesting.......

Think that is what I was planning on doing but what is it they want me to speak about? Do they want me to make up an example advertising campaign? and explain what and how it would work? or is it something else altogether?

My translation of the above gobbledygook is that they want you to tell them how to inspire people to actually DO something, so I'd look at ways to "sell" the idea to people - in short go for the "it'll save you money", and "it'll save the planet" angles.....

A good example in that field was the Swindlesave scam of a few years ago - an affordable roof-mounted chocolate teapot (turbine), available in your friendly local diy shop, sold as "planet and money saving" (it was neither), but people still ask for the damned things.........

Last edited:
Never stopped politicians...........
v3WTST

Forget computer "aids", get enthused, make a list of headings, and "wing it" - an enthusiast in full flow is always attention grabbing and interesting.......

No! No! No! No! and again NO!!

A good presenter may seem like an enthusiast just winging it - but that takes a lot of practise and confidence.

An "amateur" enthusiastic presenter just rambles and enthuses aimlessly.

Think of a few good/key points.
Talk them through - in your head or to a guinea-pig audience
do a dummy run if possible...

(If you have the technology) produce a few slides with those points
and then:
1) Tell them what you are going to tell them
2) Tell them
3) Tell them what you have told them

Add Enthusiasm if you want but don't rely on it (you might feel nervous etc) and the practice walk throughs will pay dividends....
Saying something simple clearly beats waffling enthusiastically anytime.

Talk them through - in your head or to a guinea-pig audience
Now you're just being silly, Drew...

Hello

Been asked to do a 10 minute marketing presentation and don't really know where to start. Hopefully some of you guys can give me some ideas.

The title of the presentaion is

“Targeting communications to encourage individuals to act.”

It is for a charity that provides businesses, householders and organisations with independent, free and impartial advice on the sustainable use of energy.

Been scratching my head trying to get started but seem to be going round and round in circles.

Cheers

What motivates people? On the whole, particularly with regard to energy, I think it is money. So target people that want to save money... Start from there, build a logical argument, maybe some examples or better yet demonstrations - you can pack a lot into 10 minutes - make it memorable.

Framing. give them an apparently "safe" choice.

eg more people pay up if faced with possibility of a penalty up front rather than being offered a discount to encourage prompt payment.

likewise getting people to sign first page of tax forms rather than last gets more truthful answers.

Last edited:
I've sat through so many dreary "Powerpoint" presentations that leave you stone cold and uninspired, the presenter often thinking that the boring slides will do the job for them - as I said, it's no substitute for enthusiasm for the subject - if you're worried, just talk to one of the audience - he's your friend, and you're advising him - if you feel moved, wave your arms about, jump up and down - make them laugh, make a fool of yourself......... do anything but hide behind bally powerpoint!:biggrinjester:

ENTHUSE!

Latest posts

Back