CBPV

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive had a case of CBPV again this year. This time I went straight in with removing the OMF and jacking up the hive (WBC) on bricks and raising up the double brood boxes with an empty brood box. I requeened asap and they recovered over 6 weeks as the offspring of the old susceptible Q died off.
Of course the empty brood box was full of new comb by the time I came to remove it.

My affected colony is going well again no more dead bees seen under neath and Q has raised her laying rate and now up to 15 frames of E/U/S.

Mines been on concrete blocks for six days.
There was a drop of around 20 a day initially but it slowed right down to a couple mid week
Today we observed it and there was zero all day.
Checked both broodbox for any sign of infection and there was none.
Confident then enough to reinstall a sterilized floor and stand they're now on observation rather than special measures.
One thing I did notice was healthy bees flying down to the slab .I took to sterilizing that as often as possible.Some sort of liner sheet or just change a bin liner frequently I suppose.

This case was fairly mild but it's got my vote regardless.
Big thanks to JBM for sharing the device.

Affected colony was placed back on the UFE floor yesterday and doing rather well, having dropped to six E/U/S frames from ten after having carried out an earlier AS, the Q has laid up well to 15 frames.

The cone entrance (great thinking Neil) has prooved effective and the bees managing to protect the 2" square opening, a few wasps about but not enough to cause a nusiance.

Meanwhile the other AS half failed as the VQ failed , likely ended up a tasty snack for a bird.

The cone entrance (great thinking Neil) has prooved effective and the bees managing to protect the 2" square opening, a few wasps about but not enough to cause a nusiance.

I understand the "Funnel floor" got a mention at a Bee Health Day arranged by the NBU yesterday........... fame at last 🤣

Latest posts

Back