Buying kit in sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Roberts

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello again,
Last year I went to the Thornes sale day in Lincolnshire and picked up some really good deals on kit. It was however a long drive to get there which meant the savings weren't so great (with fuel costs). Are there likely to be other company sales who will post out equipment? Where do other people buy their equipment?

Thanks as usual

Abelo for broods and roofs
I make Stan makes the UFE floors
Supers came from Thorne and Maisie's
If I need anything now I go to a show. Saves nothing in the end but lets me have a day out chatting to other beeks on here
Next bit of kit is an electric conversion for my small Abelo spinner to pick up from the National in October

Thanks,

The flat packed seconds from Thornes were about half Abelo's prices last year. And their 50 packs of frames even cheaper. It seems worth the trip out.

Also, do you know if it is possible to convert a 3 frame, manual, tangential extractor to a radial?

Thornes have had winter sales in the past - items maybe a pound more but they do post out on a minimum order value. This is easy achieved given the price of kit these days

Maisemore post their sales kit out.

Extractor can be converted, unsure if there's an approved way but if you know a welder and have the right steel it can be done. However for the smaller extractors they often won't work as well radially.

Maisemores will have their winter mail order sales before long, and usually a poly only sale after Christmas. They also do mail order sales during the NHS and both the English and Welsh spring conventions as they don't tend to attend these any more.

Latest posts

Back