Buying Buckfast 2020 Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't see that his product is at fault.

That is a relevant assessment; let us know how the colony performs.

William's knowledge of European Buckfast queen production is comprehensive and the man is likeable and straightforward. Whatever may have happened in the past (and I read all 45 pages of one thread) ought not to detract from the fact that he deals directly with the Italian breeder and that my experience of the results in the field is entirely positive.

Thanks for all the advice, it has really helped.

I had to get an emergency queen for one of my colonies that was Queenless, and went for BS Honey Bees Essex Buckfast. The gentlemen was very helpful and friendly. She arrived swiftly on Friday (next day) as I'd delayed to get the Essex Buckfast, and I have just put it into the hive.

Her majesty was well attended by her courtiers but will let you know soon enough as to how she performs.

I have one or possibly two more Queens that I am looking to pick up. Was thinking of using Exmoor Bees as I like the fact that Peter Little has continued in the tradition of Brother Adam and he's reputation for breeding the gentlest buckfasts -- unless am mistaken.

Sounds logical?

Latest posts

Back