Buoyant roadside honey sales since lockdown

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Freeman & Harding - even the smaller packs are quite good value, with a wide selection of lid colour/patterns and a fairly small minimum order for free delivery. Always have come pretty quickly. Prices shown on the website are without the BBKA discount - create an account and drop them an email to get 5%(?) off all prices.

280ml hexagonal jar supplied with 63mm gold metal lid
I bought my last batch from Freeman and Harding. BBKA discount is 10%, but it is necessary to register before ordering. Current price is £179.10 for 528 jars carriage free with the BBKA discount, so just under 34 p/jar.

Can you refer me to the paragraph please. I know we have discussed labelling a million times on here but I have never seen anywhere that honey sold from your own premises to a third party does not need a label!
Thanks
Here you are I found this

https://www.bromley.gov.uk/leaflet/122623/3/757/d
Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 07.04.24.png

If you are selling at your door the honey is not considered prepacked

How / why is it not considered prepacked and does anyone know where that is officially stated?

"Where honey is sold loose or prepacked for direct sale (sold from the premises on which it was packed), the labelling information may appear on a label, ticket or notice that can be clearly seen by the purchaser".

Is it perhaps that when selling jars of honey from your own property (where you packed it into the jars), one only needs a clear notice near the point of sale which has the relevant information on it, rather than on each jar?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 10.20.28.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 10.20.28.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 19
I believe, one point of the label is to trace the seller. If you by directly from his home, there is no secret of where the honey comes from... also it means buyers are locals.
I sold one jar of honey from the gate to someone on a day's outing who had travelled from Ealing, London.

Thanks. I never even knew he existed! May well use him in the future!
E

Like most suppliers, he is good (cheap) for some things but not all. I found his rhombus bee escapes were quite cheap also (as i don't have to worry about postage).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back