Brood breaks in august ideal time to vape oxalic once

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
As per title unless your seeing lots of capped brood vaping in august once seems to be hitting the mites fairish.
It’s the perfect opertunity to either remove supers and vape or put news paper in between supers and brood boxes and vape.
Some of my colony’s will only have one vape then and a cycle if needed in sept/October.
Plus the one vape in winter.
I’ve also got colony’s that haven’t been treated since 2021 but get split loads and the splits get a single vape.

Reactions: mbc
A good portion of my colonies are totally broodless at the moment, native bees in a dearth, but without looking you dobt know and some for some reason (younger queens, different cycles?) do have a few frames of brood so vaping would be pretty futile for these.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good portion of my colonies are totally broodless at the moment, native bees in a dearth, but without looking you dobt know and some for some reason (younger queens, different cycles?) do have a few frames of brood so vaping would be pretty futile for these.
I must say @pargyle ….I really liked the original version

That's put my mind at rest, I had one colony I wasn't too sure about, so looked to add a frame of eggs. Not one frame in 4 Nucs and 2 hives at that already had any eggs or larvae that I could see.

Reactions: mbc
Back