bright orange pollen going in today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evergreen daphne orange pollen

well....this is bright orange and quite early although the blackthorn is out now too

Yes.. the blackthorn here just came into full bloom this week .. early even for down here. All my daffs are in full bloom, snowdrops nearly over and crocus heading that way. Leaves coming out on the plum trees - bit worrrying as they will get nipped if we get a decent frost -- been so mild I keep forgetting it's barely half way through February ...

Early crocus are up but shut tight. Drifts of snowdrops but not a bee in sight. Bloody cold and windy here and bees in strict winter mode.

Snowdrop pollen for me is grey and that is from observing bees on the flowers collecting. There are though I believe some 100+ varieties so variations are no doubt highly likely.

PH

early crocus are up but shut tight. Drifts of snowdrops but not a bee in sight. bloody cold and windy here and bees in strict winter mode.

snowdrop pollen for me is grey and that is from observing bees on the flowers collecting. There are though i believe some 100+ varieties so variations are no doubt highly likely.

Ph

snap!

interesting that only the hives in the full sun were active and taking pollen in

the ones in the shade didnt appear even to be flying

wonder how much of a head start it gives the ones in the sun

Crocus = Bright orange.
Snowdrop = Dark orange/brown.
Hellebore = Light grey.

Thanks Swarm. All five hives acive yesterday (8C but sunny at times) - by that I mean bees flying in and out. A few bees taking in a pale grey/whitish pollen in which I will now assume was from Hellebore.

Back