Boom

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring is sprung

I'm not sure about that, though I can't help suspecting that Autumn and Spring might have done a deal to cut Winter out of the game this time around.

I do however remember a few years back having to drive to a local builders' merchant to collect a new hot water tank over the Easter weekend when ours failed, with the car bellying out on the snow. I think I had to get the staff to give me a push to get out of their carp ark.

James

I'm not sure about that, though I can't help suspecting that Autumn and Spring might have done a deal to cut Winter out of the game this time around.

I do however remember a few years back having to drive to a local builders' merchant to collect a new hot water tank over the Easter weekend when ours failed, with the car bellying out on the snow. I think I had to get the staff to give me a push to get out of their carp ark.

James
It doesn't sound like you had much of a winter there. We can get snow in the highlands here with an Antarctic blast any month. It doesn't mean that it's not spring or summer. Once those flowers start opening up they don't retreat! Just more and more of them :)

winter isn't over yet - especially in Powys. I remember the WBKA 'spring' convention one year when many from the West struggled to get there as morning snow closed the pass over the sugarloaf just after I had managed to get through.
It's the next month or so that's the make or break time for colonies

It doesn't sound like you had much of a winter there. We can get snow in the highlands here with an Antarctic blast any month. It doesn't mean that it's not spring or summer. Once those flowers start opening up they don't retreat! Just more and more of them :)
historicall, we get the worst of the snow, frost and bad weather in February to April

Does anyone know about that old saying to do with the Almond tree being the most foolish for flowering so early?
Perhaps a Chinese proverb?

We rarely do.

Latest posts

Back