Brambles

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winker

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Looks like my bees are on the brambles now. This is my main crop of the year. 60 Supers ready to go on.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

60 supers - is that just on one hive...:spy:

Mine are on bramble too. They have also found the decorative display of lavender in front of the chippy in my Village. May need a fish super

Lol, check out Winker's pictures!

Blackberrying was a favourite pastime years ago in Cumbria, I used to borrow my Grandads walking stick to hook down the branches with the best berries. Gosh the things I remember late at night!

Come back, they are still here.

Oh don't! I get all nostalgic when I think about the Cumbrian landscape, the little lanes, the fells, sheep, bracken, drystone walls, the becks running through the valleys. Ah well...

Blackberrying was a favourite pastime years ago in Cumbria, I used to borrow my Grandads walking stick to hook down the branches with the best berries. Gosh the things I remember late at night!

Hi Suzi Q,
I am looking forward to Blackberrying. Eton mess with blackberries is delicious. I might be trying to make some Kir from them as well, if I can manage to pick enough!

Brambles and Sloes in the hedgerows on my farm :D

Cannot wait to experiment with different Sloe Gin recipes, my old man made one and all i can say is i think he should follow others recipes before making his own :p.

Brambles and Sloes in the hedgerows on my farm :D

Cannot wait to experiment with different Sloe Gin recipes, my old man made one and all i can say is i think he should follow others recipes before making his own :p.

Trick is to leave it as long as possible before you drink it - can be a bit 'medicinal' before it matures. Give it a year and it really smooths out and a couple of extra spoons of sugar when you bottle it can help if you really can't wait more than a couple of months to pour some down your throat.

Nah my old man made some last year but he mixed whiskey and gin, don't ask me why but its not my cup of tea hence why i will be doing some of my own this year.

Anyway I'll make a sloe gin thread sorry for hijacking :D

Latest posts

Back