Bird Feet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Can anybody identify these? A few small grey feathers scattered about. Stan and I are at odds.

Attachments

• IMG_2044.jpeg
    IMG_2044.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2045.jpeg
    IMG_2045.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Some sort of raptor... I guess it could be a male sparrowhawk or similar, hence the grey feathers.

Ah. Stan said it was too. What on earth would eat a sparrowhawk? We do hear Goshawks here but I’ve never seen one. Thanks Wil

I'm unconvinced that it's a crow. The feet just don't look right to me. I'm not sure why. Perhaps they don't look dark enough.

James

Can anybody identify these? A few small grey feathers scattered about. Stan and I are at odds.
Could be a young corvid of some kind.
I have some crows feet that look similar.
The talons on a raptor would be larger.
I have some Kestrel feet and the talons are very large.
I have a collection of wings, skulls, feet, skins, penis bones(badger) of various dead creatures

Could be a young corvid of some kind.
I have some crows feet that look similar.
The talons on a raptor would be larger.
I have some Kestrel feet and the talons are very large.
I have a collection of wings, skulls, feet, skins, penis bones(badger) of various dead creatures
I worry about what some of my neighbours might be concealing behind their net curtains 😵

L
Last time I saw something similar to these they were floating in a big pot of grey dishwater coloured stock in a hotel restaurant in China. Strangely Alan & I declined the soup course 🤣

L

Last time I saw something similar to these they were floating in a big pot of grey dishwater coloured stock in a hotel restaurant in China. Strangely Alan & I declined the soup course 🤣
You should always try that sort of thing when on holiday as you will probably never get the chance again. 😀
Duck tongues and chickens feet were two of many we tried in China. The tongues were quite pleasant but the feet were like sucking gelatine out of miniature rubber gloves. But at least I know that. 🤣

Back