Bio security

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting post Drex.

Like you say we managed to contain TB in the uk post war due to a number of reasons.

I remember during my medical training reading and learning about TB and how it had been nearly eradicated in the uk,so I was shocked when doing a placement on a respiratory high care unit to find that 80% of patients had TB.

The cause was the number of Indian immigrants to the local area that had brought the disease with them.

Maybe with bees the biggest threat is through imigration of Queens/attendents bringing in disease that we dont have in the uk at present.
With imports how long will it be before we start seeing small hive beetle Israel acute paralysis and Tropilaelaps.

TB was nearly eradicated partly because spitting was unlawful - now - everywhere:puke: So infectious.
My flatmate caught TB after nursing a chap for 3 hrs till he died. She was hospitalised for 4 months!

Secure as a colander here!! A boat can come from France into Brighton Marina and offload whoever - there are NO checks and if anyone enquires re passport control - the office doesnt know what to do! :confused:

Back