Big Pink Monster!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Okay you amateur bugologists - just found this in the greenhouse a bit earlier on - excuse the bleary picture, but taken one handed on my haemorrhoid phone with no glasses! (in fact, you are seeing what the world looks like to me nowadays on a really good eye day :D

Attachments

• bug 1.JPG
    bug 1.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 50
  • bug 2.jpg
    bug 2.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 47
This is an interesting moth, the elephant hawk moth Deilephila elpenor

It is normally found in parks and large gardens. It is probably the most spectacular moth found in the UK.

forum police.

Careful JBM,
The forum police will be after you !!!!!!!!!!!

I think my employers may be asking some serious questions as to what I'm growing under glass if I bandy it around I've seen a big pink elephant flying around my greenhouse :sifone:

Attachments

• Pink.jpg
    Pink.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1
Okay you amateur bugologists - just found this in the greenhouse a bit earlier on - excuse the bleary picture, but taken one handed on my haemorrhoid phone with no glasses! (in fact, you are seeing what the world looks like to me nowadays on a really good eye day :D

would have thought any countryman worth their salt would have known elephant hawk? :icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back