Bibba

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago I went to one of their meetings. I was the only one without a beard.

Nope it doesn't but this one does.
http://www.killowen.com/

This is one of those books you want to throw on the floor at some of the outrageous claims it makes for the Honeybees of the British Isles. It was published after Cooper died and was a collection of his previous notes and studies collated by his colleagues. It shows.
There is some interesting stuff but never backed up...like their supersedure strains of old English bees. The ones in my area are annual swarmers regardless of any management...LOL

A better book about the old Black bee is "The Dark European Honey Bee. Apis mellifera mellifera Linnaeus 1758" by Ruttner (a scientist). Much more factual and far less opinionated.
I loved the way he described the British Black bees as "modest"...I think he was being polite ;)

Last edited:
Did someone just fart?

Not me....

It was her.....

black-head-sheep-with-fart-cloud-eps-vector_csp17767484.jpg

And just because it's a pretty ewe don't get any ideas....

_103416954_976xbunniesdy1rxe.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted that book as I have a feral colony of black bees.their new queen however, has yet to be seen. They are doing well, enjoying the ivy. No more interruptions from me until next spring

I bet it was instant at that

It was and like my self very weak. If I had not told him there was no such thing as a native bee, he might have gotten me a bun as well. One cannot help some people, those native bee enthusiasts are very defensive, I wonder why?

Many would like to clout them ;)
What was the book BTW?[/QUOTE]

:rofl::D:smilielol5

I wanted that book as I have a feral colony of black bees.their new queen however, has yet to be seen. They are doing well, enjoying the ivy. No more interruptions from me until next spring

There are some very nice natured, dark bees down your way, a friend of mine has a mating apiary there.

Latest posts

Back