Better, roomier Marigold gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Recently James commented that the fingers of regular Marigold gloves are too narrow. Many of us find this. They do a different sort that I found in the farmers’ coop: the fingers are much roomier and they last and last despite vigorous washing. I have had a couple of pairs last at least two seasons.

They are called Marigold Industrial Suregrip, G04Y. They can be found easily on line.

Come the revolution, brothers and sisters, anyone who sells gloves without actually explaining what the measurements mean in real terms will be first against the wall...

James

Think it's linked to width across the knuckles.

It seems to be, though some sites suggest it's to do with the measurement from the base of the palm to the tip of the middle finger. And some appear to use a UK or EU sizing, others look like they might be using a US size, and some claim to use "EN" sizing, but give half sizes when I can find no reference to half sizes in what appears to be the relevant standard.

I think I'm probably a stumpy-fingered UK size 9. I might have to gamble on that for a first purchase.

James

I get mine from the local industrial suppliers.
They are noticeably thicker than the domestic ones so you lose virtually all ability to do delecate tasks.
They also lack the flocking inside .
It's tough being Edward Shovelhands

Yes little hands make the best surgeons but anaesthetists are the best at getting veins.
I agree! After spending a full day in A&E prior to being admitted to hospital I had 7 people (including a consultant using an ultrasound machine) stab me 20 times trying to get a line into me to deliver antibiotics. At 1130pm an anaesthetist from emergency surgery calmly put the needle in without me feeling a thing.

I found some Large rubber gloves in In-Excess, the have shops around Salisbury and Hampshire. Their large really is large! They reckon they’re size 9, I reckon they’re more like an 11. With flocking. I’m now the proud possessor of 12 pairs for £3. Apart from being a bit too big, they will do. I really wanted medium but they didn’t have any.

I received a pair of the Marigold Suregrip gloves this morning having gambled on what is labelled as size 9.5. I've just tried them on and they fit very comfortably. Not too tight across the palm and whilst the thumb and little finger are slightly too long, the other fingers (probably the most likely ones to get trapped if they're too long) are a perfect fit.

I shall look forward to trying them out soon.

James

Come the revolution, brothers and sisters, anyone who sells gloves without actually explaining what the measurements mean in real terms will be first against the wall...

James
Hear Hear! :icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back