Best way to clean plastic queen cell cups

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
24 + a few nucs....this has to stop!
Hi everyone, as in the title, what is the best way to clean JZBZ queen cell cups to remove wax and dried royal jelly please? Thinking of putting them for a couple of minutes in boiling water with a bit of bleach. Thanks

When we did use them just jet washed them
Now use the nicot cups and are so cheap can afford to bin after use!

Chons da

Hi everyone, as in the title, what is the best way to clean JZBZ queen cell cups to remove wax and dried royal jelly please? Thinking of putting them for a couple of minutes in boiling water with a bit of bleach. Thanks

Washing soda and rinse works well with me. I alway put frame into hive for a few days before grafting To all bees to clean, invariable some cups will be waxed up and need a bit of scraping.
S

10mm dowell sanded down to 9mm and soak over night. Then dip in wax allow to cool and dip again repeat three times and you have a cup.

Make a holder drill 5 holes insert 5 dowells and you have 5 cups a time.

KISS. And it's your own wax. Oh they wont fit your other plastic?

Two more dowells. 25 and 18. Cut and glue and you have your cell holders. Cut a strip of ply with 18mm holes for the holders and you have your cell starter holder. I put in 12 holes but might be better with 10. Offer two strips to your starter. Reusable for years to come.

PH

10mm dowell sanded down to 9mm and soak over night. Then dip in wax allow to cool and dip again repeat three times and you have a cup.

Make a holder drill 5 holes insert 5 dowells and you have 5 cups a time.

KISS. And it's your own wax. Oh they wont fit your other plastic?

Two more dowells. 25 and 18. Cut and glue and you have your cell holders. Cut a strip of ply with 18mm holes for the holders and you have your cell starter holder. I put in 12 holes but might be better with 10. Offer two strips to your starter. Reusable for years to come.

PH

I do like the idea PH...I just don't have the time to do it all!!

Back