Best price for sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyphibb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Farm foods £0.39p for 1KG
Aldi £0.45 for 1KG
Asda £1.08 for 2KG
Tesco £1.15 for 2KG

poundland also £1 for 2 kg and lidl for 45p kg

Aldi had Ikg bags for 37p yesterday.

Nos da

I noticed in the spring the prices were different between shops even as close as 3miles. when they reduce it I buy a pallet.

It's been 38p a kilo all year from Booker and still is for 25kg sacks. I tried a pallet from Aldi (760ish bags) and spent too long carrying and opening 1kg bags. Never again!

I got a 5kg bag from sainsburys for £2:40. Delivered to my door with the weekly shopping. (48p a kilo)

Last edited:
I take the large crates that Tesco et al use for fruit and veg in with me I can get 25kg in each one and it has handles. they pallet truck it to my car for me and i do 15 boxes each trip.

1kg bags suit me as I know how many I need for each pan I heat it up in, 10 per pot easier and less messy than a 25kg bag. and it don't matter If it gets damp and hard in the shed then and it just goes in as a block instead of having to hack it off the 25kg.

Does anyone else feel the need to explain why they are buying so much sugar

Does anyone else feel the need to explain why they are buying so much sugar

I get asked if it's home brew. Stumps then when I say it's for bees..:sunning:

Morison's 88p per 2 kg last week.

Same price today. I've been buying it for a couple of months and storing it in the cellar. As mentioned above, it's not a problem if it goes a little hard.

Madasfish, I have been buying for home wine making too. The staff always get very interested:)

Back