Cheap sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karsal

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 Pay*es Poly Hives 7 Poly Nucs
Morrisons have 2kg bags of sugar on offer at the moment at 88p a bag.

I've had to resort to feeding captured swarms and my nucleus colonies as they all have been near starvation. Pollen is now much more available this last week but nectar has been poor as it's been so dry.

I've checked all the prices of our local supermarkets and Morrisons have 2kg bags of sugar on offer at the moment at 88p a bag.

aldi or lidl was normaly the cheapest place to buy it but looks like they both put they price up for now (too many bee keepers?), i have also found if you somtimes ask the customer services/manager somone you know who works they,you can get the spit bags for basicly free

Last edited:
I've checked all the prices of our local supermarkets and Morrisons have 2kg bags of sugar on offer at the moment at 88p a bag.

Thanks! I picked up some bags today (only 5 as I was on the bike) - much cheaper than getting a 25 kg bag from Booker.

Morrisons have 2kg bags of sugar on offer at the moment at 88p a bag.

I've had to resort to feeding captured swarms and my nucleus colonies as they all have been near starvation. Pollen is now much more available this last week but nectar has been poor as it's been so dry.

it was 80p at mine! when I purchased on Monday! (Must be Brexit price increase!) I thought it was a good price, paid a lot more than that for 1kg bags, in May from Aldi.

Posted this to another thread early this am.

Last edited:
The price has been 88P for 2KG at my local Morrisons since this time last year, I'm glad to say. I assumed it was the same at all branches. Certainly the cheapest around unless you buy in big bulk or have trade access.

As a long term Bookers user be aware their sugar is normally far from the cheapest.

PH

Latest posts

Back