Best bee suit under £50

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natureboy44

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Can anyone recommend a bee suit for £50 and under? It's only for my partner who will only very occasionally help out with or near the bees but wants something for protection.

Can anyone recommend a bee suit for £50 and under? It's only for my partner who will only very occasionally help out with or near the bees but wants something for protection.

Mmmm I think a happy partner may cost more than £50

:D

I can remember a similar conversation with a carpet sales man once.
When I asked if there was anything cheaper, he replied, "Well, there's always newspaper!"

I have had a simon the beekeeper suit sins I started 6.5 months ago I am very happy with it and have not got stung yet. The only problem is that the vail has started to split. I have now got a humble bee jacket which I got New on an action
for £20 it is a very good jacket and they cost about £70 new from humblebees website.

I used a STB tunic for my first year or so of beekeeping. It was certainly very usable and I still use it as a back up while my Beebasics jacket is in the wash. Quality is basic but so is the price!

I've been using a STB suit since April. So far no stings, and the suit and veil are still in good condition and not showing any signs of wear. I'm confident it will last me at least my first couple of years until I'm enough of a beekeeper, or have sold enough honey, to warrant spending three figures on a really decent suit.
I also bought a jacket, for around £20, which inquisitive visitors, or helping hands can use - not that I've had any offers of help yet! ;-)

I have a STB suit with a traditional veil, into our second year of bee keeping and even washed the veil (got messy doing a chimney removal) and its still in good condition.
The veil is bias toward the front (unlike some of the expensive ones) so little chance of your face getting stung and the elastic head band stops it blowing of in the wind.
yes its not quite as posh looking as some, but for the money a very good bit of kit, and would definitely buy another.

And anyone tried or heard of these suits Bee Pro 3 Layers Ventilated Beekeeping suit for just over £50?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Safta-Be...hash=item3b36e307dc:m:mv0b8QZHTw0jrtJ_RSRzN7A

Interesting, at that price might take a punt on for a backup for my Oz armour..to use as a "clean" suit when visiting other apiaries. Was hoping they maybe did a version that wasn't white........these ventilated suits are real dirt grabbers...and also real lifesavers....

Interesting, at that price might take a punt on for a backup for my Oz armour..to use as a "clean" suit when visiting other apiaries. Was hoping they maybe did a version that wasn't white........these ventilated suits are real dirt grabbers...and also real lifesavers....

Mine just got delivered and initial thoughts are I am very impressed and looks more expensive than £57. If you are interested I can post some pics up close.

Mine just got delivered and initial thoughts are I am very impressed and looks more expensive than £57. If you are interested I can post some pics up close.

I'd be very interested in some pictures as I'm in the market for a new jacket and I am due to do some viewing at the NHS this week.
Are the sleeves elastic or Velcro as I much prefer the latter?
Cheers
N

Looks similar to the STBK breeze suit I had (cost £60), was reasonably good for the money but quite heavy and restrictive compared to the Sentinel Pro II pro I have now.

Good comment.

I have a "guest" bee suit. It offers better sting protection and cost me more than the one I use myself. To me it seems sensible that guests or occasional helpers deserve it. I cannot ask them to risk getting stung.

I am happy to accept the occasional sting. That is my decision. A friend or relative who wishes to help or observe bees at close quarters needs the confidence of knowing they are well protected.

Latest posts

Back