Belgium

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I didn't realise I was dealing with a pedant!! :)

I'm sorry, you can't follow the word pedant with two exclamation marks, it's simply incorrect.

And I think you'll find that on this site you're dealing with several...

Queens
A bee-equipment buying exercise on your 25th.
How do you get away with it?

I would have been shot at dawn if I'd suggested bee-related visits on our 25th.

I always used to run with the idea that once you started to look at spending about £200 at any one time europe was cheaper than the uk

we always seamed to make the differance to pay for the ferry and the weekend was next to free, stick some booze and fags savings and we were always happy with what went on.

there are several suppliers in france two that i use in germany one in denmark and several friends and shops in poland and of course this lot in BELGIË.

from Birmingham i can be in france including the ferry in less than five hours which is better than scotland and cornwall to get to and if booked carefully it will cost £20 each way on the sea france ferry and the petrol down is around £30 so for a rough £100 i can go to france for the weekend( out friday night back on sunday) and when we camp it cost us £25 for accomadation or we get a small B&B instead.

the last time we popped over we came back through customs with four apple trees and twenty currant bushes as the trees are £5 each and the bushes were £2 whilst in blighty the trees were £25 at least

Really! You need a faster broomstick:.) Mid Cornwall to Central B'ham for us 3.5 hrs when timed to miss Avonmouth queues. Mid Cornwall to Scotland (border) done it once 5.45 hrs.
Agreed though it may be cheaper on juice to go to France:.) although LPG vehicles not bad.

Queens
A bee-equipment buying exercise on your 25th.
How do you get away with it?

I would have been shot at dawn if I'd suggested bee-related visits on our 25th.
I just smile sweetly - and promise to sit in a cigar bar without complaining...Now if I suggested a candlelight dinner with roses and champagne - all hell would break loose :)

Last edited:
just me,

i dont do the middle of cornwall as all my family is down at Helston,

birmingham to bristol m4 junction 1 hour to exter make that 2.5hrs and then park up on the A38 and walk, birmingham to helston is at least five and a half hours for normal people doing sensible speeds, without traffic

my brother has done helston to birmingham in four hours but i dont peddel that fast and birmingham to carlisle is at least four hours unless you are going alot faster than the national speed limit without traffic,

personaly i have done edinburough to birmingham nec in less than five hours but the petrol and speeding is a little to much, i have also done birmingham to exeter in under one and half hours and again the speeding is massive.

other rreasons why i would much rather go to france than scotland or cornwall is one cornwall is such a bad drive and is full of road works and most of the people i could do with out the agro and as for scotland, one word is all that is needed and thats

!!!!!RAIN!!!!!

much better going to france, there its just the people i hate not just every thing else. lol

Mmmm, know what you mean about the weather. We often go to Belgium in Nov. because of our anniversary, and in the evenings it isn't unusual for my other half to wander from hotel/cottage to restaurant and back in shirt sleeves, bliss...

there are several suppliers in france two that i use in germany one in denmark and several friends and shops in poland and of course this lot in BELGIË.

Which suppliers in France have you used before and how did you find them please HP?

Latest posts

Back