Beesuits for Kids

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwt_uk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello all,

I am looking for recommendations for kids beesuit suppliers? Any that stick out and any to avoid?

Thanks

My son has one from STBK. It does the job and he hasn’t been stung through it. I’m making him some wrist gauntlets to stop any burrowers.
The snagging point for us is gloves. Marigolds are too big and nitrile gloves on their own don’t give him enough protection for him to feel ok. They are a bit big too. Trying to avoid the heavy duty gloves so he learns to handle the bees properly.

My son has one from STBK. It does the job and he hasn’t been stung through it. I’m making him some wrist gauntlets to stop any burrowers.
The snagging point for us is gloves. Marigolds are too big and nitrile gloves on their own don’t give him enough protection for him to feel ok. They are a bit big too. Trying to avoid the heavy duty gloves so he learns to handle the bees properly.
Thank you

Positive experience of STBK buzz workwear kids full suit. Not a cool suit, but given typical attention span it’s been plenty up to the job for the requirement and given the opportunity for good interest level, getting involved etc., and not too costly for things that will likely be grown out of before they wear out.

Have used glubberloves for childrens size ”marigold-like” gloves. Not extensively tested for sting protection - I wouldn’t take a child to a situation where I thought stinging was a likely possibility - but can be found in sensible sizes and allow for reasonable frame handling.

Got my girls the (edit: STBK) professional kids ones at Christmas, seem decent but not tested yet. I use the adult version as my main suit and am happy with it. Kids ones seem of similar quality.

Last edited:
I had one from Bee Basic for my daughter a few years back. Getting the correct size can be tricky (I have the same problem to be fair), but it seemed to be ok and she was happy enough wearing it, although the amount of testing it received was limited by her growing out of it.

James

+1 for STBK.maybe not as good as a sheriff etc but they will out grow it before it wears out. My youngest has one and is perfectly fine for his occasional helping. Eldest has a sheriff but he helps me a lot more and is not growing at quite the same rate now (plus bought it with ample growing room)

Last edited:
I have two STBK suits for my grand children. They are brilliant for them observing me.

We like many people above purchased from Simon the Beekeeper. My 5 year old and 2 year old both have suits that fit well. The starter kit is good value with leather gauntlet gloves, smoker, bee brush and small hive tool, it just helps them copy and feel involved. Obviously we don't light the kids smoker\!

Latest posts

Back