Bees wax bar mould

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am wanting one of these, but can only find it for sale at the usual suspects shop for £5.62 (inc p&p, should have added it to my last order!) Any where else?

productl14.jpg

just a thought, e-bay alternative 320627398444 :)

"What's it for?"

the wax ingot mold or the ebay item?

Well I could always go into the market of making wax casts of "IT" I am sure I could get more money for a cast of "IT" :hat:

Might be a bit hot to make a cast on me:toetap05::puke:

Unless 'it' gets stung.

Ask Stephen H, he recites a story about a chap who needed to take a leak.............that brings tears to ones eyes, in more ways than one.......

I think that Jim realises that good wax ingots might be worth their weight in gold before long. LoL. :)

Have you looked at cheap plastic cutlery draw inserts?

or make one from a bit of thin aluminium, or bits of wood and line it with foil.

Cut out the shaded bits if using aluminium sheet.

Make a cardboard pattern to practice with.

Well I could always go into the market of making wax casts of "IT" I am sure I could get more money for a cast of "IT" :hat:

Might be a bit hot to make a cast on me:toetap05::puke:

I'll re-phrase the question.

What do you want to make wax ingots for?

I'll re-phrase the question.

What do you want to make wax ingots for?

I think that Jim realises that good wax ingots might be worth their weight in gold before long. LoL. :)

Reason been is as Hombre picks out.

All of the wax I have been saving up I was going to use in wax exchange to the "Usual suspects" place. But been a tight (Frugal) Yorkshire Man, I note that on a certain internet auction site you can easly get £1.20 per 30g (i.e 1 bar) so that is nearly 10 times profit:sifone::sifone::sifone:

I think Dishmop is right about making a simple mould:cheers2:

Last edited:
the mould set i have is made from fibre glass and is brilliant, lovely and strong to use and abuse.

jimbeekeeper the selling point you want to do with the wax bars is not only bright yellow wax but i sell all the differant shades of wax to a carpenter friend of mine, in fact the one colour he does not want is bright yellow.

also at a pound for a bar that means that wax is roughly £33 per kilo on ebay . its a shame you can buy it at kbs at £5 per kilo in blocks

Can't uou use those small plastic containers Goat Cheese is sold in?

The unfortunate fact is that all these 'alternative' moulds do not result in the product having "BEESWAX" embossed on it!

Latest posts

Back