Bees Knees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Bee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hello all,

Been looking through the latest BeeCraft & came across Bees Knees Hives advert. Seem to have a bargain price for their National hives £149 with two supers, mesh floor, roof etc.. Brood & supers all come with frames & wax included. Pine hive though I think but good price hey?

I'm not advertising for them just thought I'd mention it on here. Good for new bees maybe.:cheers2:

T*****s budget hives ( Only Nationals), you get the same but in cedar. £135 ( old Vat rate - do not know if it has changed) and ordered on line carriage is free.

Never had a problem with quality.

I saw this advert and was intrigued. It also seemed fitting that as so many monasteries have been custodians of bees, any customer might be putting money directly back. Having made my original hive and helped a charity make some the attraction of a completed hive was also quite considerable. I have phoned them twice and emailed twice hoping to find out whether these hives are ply or cedar - or what. No reply so far. Perhaps I have just chosen a bad time. Anyone else succeeded or otherwise in contact?

I bought Hives from them last year.
Very pleased with them.
As the advert says, The Hive comes complete with frames and foundation.
I ordered Langstroths. Bargain Price, Ready built, so all I had to do was put the supplied wax into the frames.

The phone number is often not answered though - maybe the man with the phone is praying.
All profit goes directly to the Monastry as they are exempt from Taxes.
So no extra 20% VAT going into goverment funds.

The phone number I have for them is 07590 028 950
email: [email protected]

If you email them they will phone you back :)

I also note they have two web sites.
The old one is:
beeskneeshives.co.uk/catalogo/index.php
Not sure if this one is still active though.

However they now have a new site at:
beeskneeshives.co.uk/index.php
(just put the www. bit in front)

I'll persevere - unless you can confirm they are cedar in which case I think I'll just order? Good to have recommendations though there was another link which seemed very good as well mentioned on this forum somewhere.

Thanks.

perhaps they are a silent order ?

not sure if bible/religious teachings foresaw email though?

however, being minks, perhaps whenever they get onto the computer temptation is too great and they end up with a right hand too busy to type replies!!!!

I'll persevere - unless you can confirm they are cedar in which case I think I'll just order? Good to have recommendations though there was another link which seemed very good as well mentioned on this forum somewhere.

Thanks.

Oddly enough there's no reference to cedar on the web site as far as I can see?

Can anyone confirm that they are?

An update: the hives are some sprt of white wood, not cedar. They seem to be nicely made and eventually I received mine - had a few false starts - for some reason my address was not passed on and then when I chased it up there were a few false starts but they gave me a small refund as a goodwill payment.

Latest posts

Back