Bees Killed My Chicken :-(

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha!
If you want mad take a look at the Omlet chicken forum ;)
There we are ALL mad, but I've never spent a hundred quid on a chicken at the vets.

Ha!
If you want mad take a look at the Omlet chicken forum ;)
There we are ALL mad, but I've never spent a hundred quid on a chicken at the vets.

I'm already on the Omlet forum :blush5: The most I've paid at the vets for a chicken was £30 to have one with a tumour put down... She only cost £5 but I couldn't bear to do it myself. I probably am mad..

She's doing much better now- she's eating and drinking without the need for prompts. I let her out this morning (far away from the hives) and she was chased by a bee and stung. The other chickens are fine which leads me to believe that they can still smell the stings on her.

Poor poor thing. It does sound as if you will have to bath her to get rid of the bee sting "smell". I am on the Omlet forum too (different ID name). She will probably love being bathed.

My two geese were attacked my my bees yesterday, ive got a queenless hive due to superedure and the virgin hasnt mated due to the poor weather.

They both have badly swollen faces, one of them this morning seemed to be having a fit, this afternoon it seems to be a bit better, its standing and drinking. The other one isnt as bad.

James

I'm already on the Omlet forum :blush5: The most I've paid at the vets for a chicken was £30 to have one with a tumour put down... She only cost £5 but I couldn't bear to do it myself. I probably am mad..

Yep bonkers but better than the git who dumped a Rode Island cockerel in with
my hens last Monday, it's not there now !
S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't blush.....it's a great place for chickens.....just not bees.

Latest posts

Back