Bees in schools 2

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following the success of the bees at my sons' school, my brother's school in Leeds expressed interest in also having bees and my brother asked me for help. Being over 100 miles away I contacted LBKA to see if they could help. In early January a local beekeeper and I met the teachers from the science department.

It was an excellent meeting with three of the staff signing up to the next local weekend course. The chosen site is ideal for teaching and the bees will link into so many other parts of the curriculum.

The future looks exciting and I look forward to monitoring its success

My local BKA (High Wycombe) includes a strong educational focus. Sylvia Chamberlain who created the 'Bees in the Curriculum' pack is the president this year and I am working to create some interactive educational resources suitable for schools to use on an interactive whiteboard or for students to use on a computer or network. It would not be right to give you a link to any based on Sylvia's original resource but this link is totally my own work so feel free to use it if it is of use http://www.quizpot.info/Hive_parts/index.html

Latest posts

Back