• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bees in Derby/East Staffordshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearbees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
What the title suggests really; I'm looking for an overwintered nuc or colony for my first hive. I'm happy to travel an hour or so to collect the 'right' nuc, but ideally I'd like to keep as local as possible really. I'm on the local BKA course in May, so I'd like to be up and running for then.

If you know of anyone selling up, or coming out of the hobby, please let me know as I'm on the lookout for pretty much everything, so I'd rather buy 2nd hand than new in most cases.

Hiya Holly,

Thanks for replying, I tried to message you but with no luck. I was hoping to go with National or 14x12, with the latter being the ideal for me. My hives will be located just south of Swadlincote.

going to a meeting tomorrow night. been told someone will be retiring from beekeeping soon . i will ask as i want some stuff myself .
i'll let you know as i am close to swad myself

Burton-on-trent bees

I live in burton and have overwintered 3 colonies, all really strong as winter was very mild and almost over. Which course are you doing?

I did Margarets course she is very thorough and the handling experience with her beehives is very good. Hopefully you will have good weather for it.

You're not the only one to have commented on the quality of Margaret's course; Nige also attended last year and said it was the best £100 he'd spent on beekeeping to date. I'm looking forward to it!

Latest posts

Back