Beekeeping by the moon?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I can say about the moon and the influence it has on our planet is that our tides are controlled by it, two a day, high and low depending on the state of the cycle, this is caused by the magnetic force of the moon whether that has a force on plants & animals I don,t know, however before modern time pieces where invented the sun and mood where used to calculate days, weeks, months and years, summer and winter, so I suppose that planting to the lunar phase was important to them many moons ago !

Since when have earth's tides been caused by magnetism ? Perhaps the gravity of this situation has been underestimated. not worthy

No matter... let's all jump on this bandwagon, or do we need to buy some snake oil first ? :willy_nilly:

You mean that swarming isn't caused by the moons gravity acting on the hives quantum energy & pulling the queen down lay lines! :eek:

Tut, tut - you've not been reading your Steiner, have you? Swarming is caused by the light that emanates from the virgin queen as she emerges from her cell. It blinds the workers and forces them to leave the nest. Why does she produce this light? Because having developed in only 16 days (5 days less than a 21 day solar rotation), she forever encapsulates the life-giving energies of the sun. But these energies that blind her sisters are also the energies that allow her to lay eggs; by encapsulating the energies of the sun she too is able to give life.

Think I'm making it up? Have a read of Steiner's Bees - Nine Lectures on the Nature of Bees; this comes from the 1st or 2nd lecture, from memory. By the way, Steiner's book is recommended reading on the the UK Biodynamic Association website's biodynamic beekeeping page - although for the curious it's £7 cheaper and free postage on Amazon... ;)

I note that the Biodynamic Association advises:

Biodynamic Association said:
Most of the problems facing bees today are caused by stress of different kinds including that inflicted upon them by misguided management techniques.

Misguided? Amen to that.

Last edited:
^this^

:eek:

Words cannot begin to describe....

Seriously, this can't be being taken as fact?!?

I want to have more faith in humanity than this!!!

Latest posts

Back