Beek?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may well be lazy but its not rude or offensive so I have no problem with its use.

I hate it and try never to use it. Its funny that only beekeepers use it. Non beekeepers wouldn't have a clue what a beek is. Its lazy and pointless.

I don't think it is that lazy, really. Do you refer to the large chilling device in your kitchen as a 'fridge'? Tsk tsk.

Do you refer to the fuel you put in your car as petrol? It just own't do.

There's others. Do you call your vacuum cleaner a hoover? Heavens above!

Couldn't agree more Poly Hive - it's nearly as bad as being referred to as a "Brit"- as you say -just lazyness.

I draw the line at Brit, but that has quite different connotations from beek.

I don't mind beek. I don't mind people referring to the bees as 'girls' either. I don't like it when non beekeepers hear you are a beek and go into a long speech about how they hate bees and wasps and describe their waftings, the paving over of their gardens and use of insecticidal spray. It makes me so mad. I just want to walk away from them mid conversation.:cuss:

Don't want to, just do it.

victor is this something i should be aware of........ after living in liverpool for ten years i have not heard it. you got me worried:auto:
Beak as in magistrate :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
Hence the apology to Peter S :willy_nilly:

John W.

I don't mind beek. It is a lot better than "short a##ed hairy wee scottish runt with funny accent" or similar with one letter being replaced ...

I don't mind beek. It is a lot better than "short a##ed hairy wee scottish runt with funny accent" or similar with one letter being replaced ...

Ahhhhh shorn a**ed hairy......

slightly oxymoronic maybe?

I'm OK with use of the term 'Beek', but then again, I don't mind being called an anorak either!! (something to do with a strange love of landrovers that are older than i am, Sci. Fi. , local history, gardening.........hmm, i need a social life!!)

did you mean;

I don't mind beek. It is a lot better than "short a##ed hairy wee scottish runt with Runny accent" or similar with one letter being replaced ...

or

I don't mind beek. It is a lot better than "short a##ed Fairy wee scottish runt with funny accent" or similar with one letter being replaced ...

just checking.....

:sifone:

bee-smillieI prefer to be "beek" than "oxymoron".

And I prefer to be an oxymoron than shorn

Is that "Shorn of the Dead"?

John what are you on about?

And to think I went to Windermere and missed all this.

Latest posts

Back