BeeBC goes apis for viewing figures

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When is being aired????

I found out today the Series with Chris Packham was filmed before the one that has been shown on TV, and Martha has got rid of her Hives.

Probably all buggered off if the way she was looking after them in her TV Series was anything to go by !!

couldn't find it on iplayer, but found it on you tube and watched all 4 tonight, cant say I agree with everything she did, but then beekeepers never agree,lol
thought it was a good programme aimed at those not so much in the no.

I can tell you that the Hive Alive series has literally just finished filming - and I say that as one of the presenters... It should go out across two weeks on BBC2 in mid July but transmission dates are only ever decided 2 weeks in advance. And in response to the beekeeper-centric comments on other forums about this - it's not about beekeeping...nor is it about beekeepers. It's about Apis mellifera...It's not made to attract more beekeepers - no more than a documentary on the science of elephants should be geared up to attract more zookeepers.
Personally, I'd love to see more of the "other pollinators" on the TV but it seems that only honeybees are in the commissioners' eyes. As great as honeybees are they are only part of the story - but they are lucky to have beekeepers fighting their corner :)

Last edited:
Back