Bee testing on e-bay

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I trust some one who writes in all Caps and cannot really use a spell-checker to do such a test?

PH

Whoever the person is offering this service is bloodywell using one of my photos of N. apis. with no mention of the photographer.

Regards;

I do not know who the person is but its a localised set up.
Somerset is the location and I know of a couple of beekeepers who might carry out this type of service, but can not say for sure.

Anyway if members get their bees tested then its better for everyone including the bees.

Regards;

Whoever the person is offering this service is bloodywell using one of my photos of N. apis. with no mention of the photographer.

Regards;

BCrazy if you can prove they are using your photo, Ebay will remove the item. Ebay take this type of copy right very seriously.

Might somebody be planning on taking ?10 and then forwarding samples to BCrazy to get it done for free?

I think this site requsts acknowledgement of pictures if utilised.
The other site warns that " posted pics have been put in the public domain by the poster"."No responcibility etc..

Your pics have been posted on both sites so.......... take your pick Mo :svengo:
John

To be honest testing for Nosema is not rocket science.

However I would prefer someone on the scope controls with some sense.

PH

Knowledge is power.
Get your bees tested . Both varieties of nosema and acarine are treatable so why wait until these conditions become self evident ? it maybe too late by then :(.
I don't subscribe to treat just incase!

John

Re the photo I don't mind in as much as it allows others with microscopes to have some idea of what they are looking for when it comes to Nosema spores.

PH, we know that testing for Nosema is not rocket science, but its knowing what to look for, and also maybe entice beekeepers to purchase a microscope to carry out all forms of disease recognition.

I concur with what John has said about getting your bees checked, its better to kill off 30 instead of 30,000.

My offer still stands if anyone would like their bees tested then contact me for my address.

Regards;

When I did it there were two scopes required and I was taught the down and dirty way to do Nosema, hence my comment on rocket science.

I would like the scopes again but my funds are currently targeted at an en-suite in a room (4k) and enough poly to carry out this years expansion plans.

Some 20. ;)

PH

AH.

Well.

I joined one and well... not impressed. Left. Passed comment on why and was told, first to ever complain. Thought to myself, first to ever get a complaint through the obfuscation. Including well advertised Email addys that bounced.. dear me. One of the committee members is very well known on the web, and so /must be online savvy, so why have systems that are u/s?

May try the Derbyshire one this year but not yet sure.

PH

AH.

Well.

I joined one and well... not impressed. Left. Passed comment on why and was told, first to ever complain. Thought to myself, first to ever get a complaint through the obfuscation. Including well advertised Email addys that bounced.. dear me. One of the committee members is very well known on the web, and so /must be online savvy, so why have systems that are u/s?

May try the Derbyshire one this year but not yet sure.

PH

Poly,

You are more than welcome to join Harrogate and Ripon. We have active microscopists and hold something like 50% of the BBKA microscopist's certificates in the country!

If you would like the application form, drop me a message. same goes for anybody else on the forum. The association magazine, The Apiarist, itself is worth the membership fee.

Mark

Hi Mark,

You are more than welcome to join Harrogate and Ripon

Whilst that is a kind offer there may be other considerations to to be taken into account.
1. If someone joined H & R BKA then they would automatically pay a capitation fee to the BBKA.
2. Also money would be claimed for Disease insurance.

As I am member of Cambs BKA this would necessitate me paying twice to be a member of the BBKA and twice paying for Disease insurance.
Another problem is I could not attend meetings.

So thanks for the offer but on this occasion no thanks.

Regards;

Since when are you Polly Bcrazy?? LOL

Harrogate sounds good but sadly a bit far for me.

PH

H PH

Sorry, but it did say anyone else on the forum.LOL

Regards;

Latest posts

Back