Bee tea

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Curly green fingers

Hi, just trying to find out if any one uses Bee Tea? And can it be used in fondant?
Here's my recipe.
16 cups of cane sugar
6 cups of tape water
Fresh or dried chamomile and/ or
Thyme- enough for 2 cups of tea
1 teaspoon of natural sea salt with minerals
Cheers Mark.
Ref book Ross Conrad Natural Beekeeping.

Well to make fondant i do 1kg of sugar to 300 ml of water and 25 grams of glucose, boil to 117c. when it starts to go cool tip the liquad in to the container/bag i want to use.

I am not sure what the dried chamomile/Thyme or sea salts are meant to do for the bees.

I guess you could add some glucose to help control the formation of sugar crystals to the mix you use. But i have no idea what happens with thyme or chamomile when you heat them up to 117c

. But i have no idea what happens with thyme or chamomile when you heat them up to 117c

They make Tea! It Bee Tea. Gets em up and perky in the morning and out to foraging rather than lounging around in PJ’s watching Jeremy Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well to make fondant i do 1kg of sugar to 300 ml of water and 25 grams of glucose, boil to 117c. when it starts to go cool tip the liquad in to the container/bag i want to use.

I am not sure what the dried chamomile/Thyme or sea salts are meant to do for the bees.

I guess you could add some glucose to help control the formation of sugar crystals to the mix you use. But i have no idea what happens with thyme or chamomile when you heat them up to 117c

I suppose you would brew the tea and just use the tea no herbs left in . I don't know what health benefit's this tea might have for honey bees ?
Perhaps this is just an American thing.
Cheers mark.

They make Tea! It Bee Tea. Gets em up and perky in the morning and out to foraging rather than lounging around in PJ’s watching Jeremy Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A bit like us then ..LMAO

Hi, just trying to find out if any one uses Bee Tea? And can it be used in fondant?
Here's my recipe.
16 cups of cane sugar
6 cups of tape water
Cheers Mark.

I think that Ross has been dabbling a bit to much with herbal tees and the like, I wonder if he wakes up with a headache in the mornings?

I think that Ross has been dabbling a bit to much with herbal tees and the like, I wonder if he wakes up with a headache in the mornings?

Do you think his methods are no good ? I'm trying to keep an open mind when it comes to bee keeping.

Do you think his methods are no good ? I'm trying to keep an open mind when it comes to bee keeping.

Not no good,but probably pointless
Some people just like to fiddle with their bees,it makes them feel more proactive especially if they are pet bees they are keeping to “save the bees”
There are loads of recipes on US websites.

Do your self a favour and keep off youtube and all the american rubbish that is on there.

Tea for bees?

If you think about it using your open mind it will be clear that bees don't make teas. So why inflict it on them?

PH

Do your self a favour and keep off youtube and all the american rubbish that is on there.

Tea for bees?

If you think about it using your open mind it will be clear that bees don't make teas. So why inflict it on them?

PH
Like :D

Attachments

• like.jpg
    like.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 4
I don't go on you tube,or Facebook I read books go to my local meetings and come on here for advice.

I don't go on you tube,or Facebook I read books go to my local meetings and come on here for advice.

I have not read the book or heard of the Tea recipe so i have never used it and i will not use it, the only addition to the feed i give my employees is a Thymol based product in there 2:1 syrup feed in Autumn to help with nosema and to help stop the syrup going mouldy, folk may slag the product off which is (Hive Alive) but the bees seem to do fine over winter with this added to feed, maybe they would be the same without it ? , but at the moment with only three hives the cost is minimal, if i double up this year or even more i will look into Hivemakers Thymol recipe.

https://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6513

I have not read the book or heard of the Tea recipe so i have never used it and i will not use it, the only addition to the feed i give my employees is a Thymol based product in there 2:1 syrup feed in Autumn to help with nosema and to help stop the syrup going mouldy, folk may slag the product off which is (Hive Alive) but the bees seem to do fine over winter with this added to feed, maybe they would be the same without it ? , but at the moment with only three hives the cost is minimal, if i double up this year or even more i will look into Hivemakers Thymol recipe.

https://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6513

Thanks Steve, you have answered lots of questions in one go .

Here's my recipe.
16 cups of cane sugar
6 cups of tape water
Cheers Mark.

I have heard of Bee Teas before, but never spoken of in glowing terms, here is a Link to a study in which Linden was used as the "tea",
https://www.apimondia.com/congresse...ive Honey Bee Nutrition - Petrusia Kotlar.pdf

If you do not want to know how this experiment ended, look away now, ... all but one died, I mean seriously! Eleven out of twelve died!! I think that however tells us more about the beekeeper than the experiment! My mind is still very open (and my brain is bolted in) to any alternatives... but not so much as I would try it out en masse.

But asking peoples opinions is an excellent way to proceed, although you will have to get used to the less than helpful contributions, that do not enter into a rational conversation :-(

Here's my recipe.
16 cups of cane sugar
6 cups of tape water
Cheers Mark.

Sounds more like bullshit than science

I have heard of Bee Teas before, but never spoken of in glowing terms, here is a Link to a study in which Linden was used as the "tea",
https://www.apimondia.com/congresse...ive Honey Bee Nutrition - Petrusia Kotlar.pdf

If you do not want to know how this experiment ended, look away now, ... all but one died, I mean seriously! Eleven out of twelve died!! I think that however tells us more about the beekeeper than the experiment! My mind is still very open (and my brain is bolted in) to any alternatives... but not so much as I would try it out en masse.

But asking peoples opinions is an excellent way to proceed, although you will have to get used to the less than helpful contributions, that do not enter into a rational conversation :-(

Thanks toobee for the link!

Latest posts

Back