Bee sting on face

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornishcreamtea

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Husband just got stung on temple while cutting the grass. Have done 15 mins of the hot cloth remedy, but it's quite near his eye and his lid is now swelling. Any other remedies out there that he could try? And he WAS wearing a hat - will put him in full suit next time!

There's a sting pen you can get from £shop or chemist...

Thank you - I've got one of those, but doesn't seem to work as well as the hot cloth remedy. He's also taken an anti-histamine.

Hydrocortisone cream might help. Low dose stuff ?available OTC. In the scouts (60 years ago - could be out of date!) we learnt 'Vinegar for vespas, bicarbonate for bees'.

Thank you - have just stuck a bicarb paste on his face! The old ways are often the best!

Hi cornishcreamtea,
A bee stung me on the nose a couple of months ago (my fault). I used wasp-eze for the pain, applied with a 'surgical cloth' to avoid getting it in the eyes and mouth areas. Followed by ice cubes wrapped in cloth, and anti-histamine. Did not swell up as much as I thought it would, but still not a good look.

Remember the old 'blue bags'? They were used to ease bee stings. I expect the swelling to become worse and possibly close his eye.
Sympathy goes a long way ;)

The Dr told me that I can take 4-6 anti-hists per day...I had only been taking one...

Yep antihistamine and then give him a beer and tell him to stop moaning lol

Craig

my wife is an homeopath and has advised if you can get it (boots chemist or the like ) apis 30 c ..... if you can not get any right now get some for the future as this works first class ..... good luck

Thank you all very much for your advice and remedies - beer and ice cream has taken his mind off it! He's out there now finishing off the grass in full bee suit ......... worse to come later, I suspect, as the swelling always seems to increase and get hot once the sun goes down ......... more beer, I guess, or another antihistamine (or both!). Thanks again. Cheers and gone

A notice to hang round his neck explaining what happened so he does not have to explain for the umpteenth time.

Hubby got stung on the side of his nose a while back and he looked like quasimodo for about a week - so be prepared.

Latest posts

Back